At Future, we believe the fight against climate change is personal. We are on a mission to democratize climate-smart living and make it easy to do what’s right for the planet, inspiring the shift to low-carbon products and services with outsized financial incentives. Good for your wallet. Good for the planet.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a Senior Payments Engineer who will oversee the development of FutureCard's payments stack and range of API integrations to power a simple, intuitive, and secure payment experience for Future's members.
What we are looking for:
- Deep understanding of the payments space
- Track record of completing several projects with large payment providers or FinTechs
- Hands-on understanding of API-enabled payment technology
- Understanding of financial services products, including digital card issuing (e.g., debit, credit, prepaid, charge)
- Appreciation of the various compliance requirements to offer payment products
- Knowledge of card-based rewards to incentivize customers
- Knowledge of and curiosity about the latest trends in FinTech
- Great communication skills
- Passionate not only about tech but how to leverage tech to impact the planet
- Minimum of 3 years experience in API-driven payments technology as proven by multiple completed projects
- Experience with and an understanding of how to lead complex projects, breaking down the work into components and guide other engineers
- Focus on delighting customers
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas
What we offer:
- We are an entirely remote company and offer maximum flexibility on how and when to get your work done.
- We offer a competitive salary mix of base, performance bonus, and equity. We also provide a comprehensive health insurance package, unlimited PTO, 401k and a stipend for a sustainable home office.
- You will work with a group of talented engineers who care about making a difference.
- We care about your personal growth and have the management experience to support you.
- We value your expertise and proven track record more than degrees.
Future is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.