Development Manager - Core Engineering Team
The successful candidate will have a software engineering background and have experience leading, mentoring and managing people. They will be working within our Core Engineering Team and have line management responsibility for a team of skilled engineers, collaborating closely with QA. The Dev Manager will lead and coordinate projects that map to our range of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs), Viable Products (VPs), and Products, ensuring adherence to modern engineering practices to enhance that flow of product maturity.
This is a management role, reporting directly to the Head of Core Engineering. The role is based in the UK, and requires UK RTW status.
C/C++, C#, Python 3, Qt Framework, .Net, Azure DevOps, Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Leading and inspiring high performing technology teams, establishing a culture of collaboration
- Proven experience in training, mentoring, leading technical teams, and effectively managing and communicating career progression and succession plans
- Experience growing teams, driving recruitment, leading interviews with developers, and on boarding new team members
- Experience managing remote teams, and distributed teams
- Proven track record of delivering complex technology projects
- Solid experience in Agile development – practicing Kanban
- Experience using a range of agile project management methods and balancing multiple priorities
- Advanced communication skills, pragmatic and able to manage stakeholders
- Line management of architects, engineers, developers
- Recruitment, mentoring and professional development of Core team staff, including assessment and performance management
- High-level planning of key product features
- Resource allocation
- Facilitating the development of new products and tooling
- Ensuring the appropriate planning and management of the development resources
- Identify risks and provide mitigation plans
- Escalate issues promptly to senior management
- Work closely with department heads to identify the requirements for new software programs.
- Monitor quality and ensure products meet technical and business objectives.
- Improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively.
- Champion and represent the core development team.
- Assisting the support team with customer related queries.
- Strong software engineering principles
- Process improvement techniques
- Previous software development experience - ideally with C, C++
- Knowledge of various file formats (PDF, Microsoft Office, Images) or protocols
- Azure or AWS knowledge
- Containerisation – Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with systems where security is a primary consideration
- Excellent communication and staff leadership, and management skills
- Excellent planning, performance management and organisational skills
- High level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems
Salary and Benefits
- Glasswall offers a competitive salary and incentives package, incl. performance bonus
- Benefits include private health care and pension contribution
- We offer flexible and remote working options, with hybrid working from our office in the Greater London area
Interested candidates, please visit http://careers.glasswallsolutions.com/ to apply.
Glasswall website: www.glasswallsolutions.com