Reno, NV, United States
JOB TITLE: Shift Manager (SM)
SUPERVISOR: Assistant General Manager (AGM), General Manager (GM), Area Coach (AC)
Shift Managers support other management levels by running great shifts and leading teams self-sufficiently. Shift Managers must take ownership and responsibility to solve problems while being willing to provide help and guidance to others. Shift Managers should have strong leadership qualities and organizational skills with a confident, professional manner, and can give clear concise instructions, exhibit good time management skills and good problem-solving and decision-making.
• Greet everyone with a smile, is polite and pleasant with guests and team.
• Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude with co-workers and guests.
• Ensure every guest receives great service and great food while working with a sense of urgency.
• Works well with other management and fellow Team Members. Cooperates well with others and works well as a team. Able to help others when needed. Takes action without being told, willing to go above and beyond what is simply required.
• Role Model that customer needs are the highest priority. Resolve customer complaints quickly while maintaining positive customer relations.
• Ensure that all Team Members present a neat and clean appearance and correctly wear the company uniform.
• Ensure all Team Members complete their tasks as assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
• Successfully lead team as Manager in Charge, ensuring company standards regarding service, food safety, and general procedures are always being met . Provides ongoing constructive and complimentary feedback to team.
• Actively participates in the training and development of Team Members.
• Assist with Profit and Loss management, follows cash control procedures, maintaining inventory and managing labor.
• Provide regular feedback to the RGM and other management on the performance of the team.
Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Compassion - Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Primary service relationships with outside customers; team building relationships with co-workers and appropriate working relationships with other internal visitors and vendors. Able to build a strong relationship with other managers on the team. As shifts overlap with fellow managers, able to transition from a team member working a position to a MIC role as the senior manager is no longer on shift.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Experience: One-year Restaurant experience required with proven lead experience on all shifts.
• Must maintain current Health Card according to state or local requirements.
• Education: Basic math & reading skills.
• Must have the ability to read, speak, comprehend, and write in English.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must pass Criminal Background Check.
• Must be able to pass ServSafe Certification Course and Exam.