GenXComm Inc. is an Austin, Texas-based technology company that has developed a truly secure and private 4G/5G mesh networking solution. The company was founded in 2016 to commercialize years of research and development out of the University of Texas at Austin in the area of interference cancellation and advanced signal processing technologies.
Using interference cancellation, GenXComm has enabled an in-band 5G mesh network - the first of its kind in history. The GenXComm solution works in a variety of bands, including the unlicensed CBRS band and our technology optimizes spectrum usage by allowing communication to transmit and receive at the same time - on the same frequency. All of this is brought to you with the associated software to manage and operate a secure, reliable, resilient, private and economical 4G/5G network.
We are looking for a results-driven supply chain and procurement leader. This individual should have extensive experience in global operations management, supply chain, project management, strategic planning, process improvement, forecasting, cost / budget analysis, client / vendor relationship management, the telecom industry, and be a self-motivated multi-tasker.
- Leadership of the development of the supply chain and procurement strategy through collaboration and cross-functional involvement with R&D, business operations, global manufacturing suppliers, logistics and planning to ensure a common understanding of objectives and focus.
- Drive state of the art technology and design-to-cost innovation and execution of the RAN/ORAN HW and SW procurement roadmap that supports the Company's Product Roadmap and business plan of record (EPOR).
- Align closely with the Company’s Program Management Office to ensure timely delivery of products and services as required thru the supply chain practice/fulfillment.
- Executive against the Company’s OKRs and team based KPIs as directed by the Company’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Work closely with the Company’s CTO and technology organization to secondary source suppliers, resource and research suppliers in the area of 5G advanced networking components, hardware and software innovators complimentary to the company’s marketplace, arrange key supplier executive briefings and work in tandem with contracted suppliers to further reduce cycle times for product delivery.
- Conduct and lead commercial and legal negotiations with suppliers. Strong negotiation and contracting background. Must be able negotiate high value supply and manufacturing contracts with very little supervision.
- Build and manage a high performing supply and procurement team.
- Evaluate suppliers’ quotations with regards to specifications, price, delivery, credit terms and all other data meeting the requirements of the internal business unit.
- Manage and monitor suppliers’ performance, issue relevant reports, issue purchase orders, engage in ongoing cost reduction activities, agreement renegotiations, etc.
- Ensure that data entered in procurement systems is clear and accurate for reporting and running the company.
- Develop policies, procedures, and flows for efficient procurement operations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to identify strategic purchasing opportunities to ensure uninterrupted supply of raw materials worldwide.
- Analyze and drive communication cost trends, supply chain risk assessments and forecasts within the organization on a timely and effective basis.
- Work with Defense OEM’s on new programs and driving engineering to meet those requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 5 Years experience in wireless 4G and 5G Procurement practices and with related suppliers in the wireless industry, preferably with experience in RAN/ORAN Hardware and Software.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a telecommunications company, industry supplier or adjacent industry that candidate can demonstrate deep understanding of the telecommunications ecosystem, suppler trends, existing relationships in areas the Company is presently conducting business - for example, India, Taiwan, China and S. Korea.
- 10 years of experience in a combination of purchasing, supply chain, and commercial functions.
- 5 or more years management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to perform in a start-up company setting where candidate will be required to establish capabilities, processes, supporting infrastructure (e.g. ERP and contracts) for business operations and supply chain management.
- Experience in global sourcing and ERP platforms that support a global capability.
- MBA or equivalent relevant advanced degree desired.
- Austin, Texas location is preferred, minimum remote presence.
KEY PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to communicate and clearly present ideas.
- Strong work ethic coupled with a drive to succeed.
- Work effectively in a group development environment.
- Take ownership of goals, project schedules - and self-driven.
- Listen attentively and grasp fast-paced technical conversations.
PRIMARY LOCATION - Austin, Texas
SCHEDULE – Monday - Friday (flexible) full-time.