Edinburgh (Remote!), Remote, United Kingdom
HeySummit is hiring a Fullstack Engineer to help us grow the best platform for sharing knowledge with the world. If you consider yourself full-stack, and have a deep knowledge of Django, we'd love to connect.
* Improving features to spec in production code in the frontend (currently: JQuery, Bootstrap, Less), backend (Django + PostgresSQL), and architecture (AWS) with a key focus in front-end development and ensuring anything we ship looks and feels great
* Developing integrations between HeySummit and the tools our customers love to use, and establishing a process of considering, developing, testing, and troubleshooting integrations
* Liaising with the product and customer happiness team to figure out issues and work on new features and improvements
* You pride yourself on writing clean, easy to read code
* You have experience with Django and React or Vue.js
* You are diligent about contributing to documentation
* You understand the value that fixing bugs brings to customers
* You feel comfortable interacting with nontechnical stakeholders
* You have experience with CI/CD
* You test your code before every push
* You create automated tests as you build
* You are interested in self-improvement
* You see the value of engaging with the whole team on a daily basis
HeySummit empowers anyone to run amazing virtual summits from anywhere, increasing your reach and impact. Every day, people use HeySummit to take the heavy lifting out of creating, managing and analyzing your online summits. We give you the tools to help you meet your goals and focus on delivering an exceptional attendee and speaker experience.
From selling tickets and organising speakers, to managing talks and outreach, HeySummit is a complete wrap-around system for organisers of online conferences, speaker series, media libraries and summits.
More than just a summit platform, we strive to make an impact with everything we do.
We see HeySummit growing into a highly impactful company, building a beautiful product that empowers users all over the world.
The future, we believe, is distributed, and we’re building a connected team that can work from anywhere. We welcome applications from all over the world.
Following in the footsteps of pioneers like Buffer and Doist, we’re deliberate about the culture we develop. This means fostering a working community of independent thinkers, supporting one another to work our best, and encouraging personal and professional growth.
We believe exceptional work is about adopting a mindset of continuous learning and being comfortable with failure, openness and vulnerability. We practice radical candor, provide a supportive environment and encourage everyone to challenge assumptions. We have a no-blame culture where everyone’s ideas have value.
We’re remote positive. We believe you’re best placed to understand how you work best, and we have resources available to help you work when and where you want. We find that +/- 5 hours from Edinburgh (UK time) works best unless otherwise specified, however are open to considering other options for exceptional candidates.
We believe communication is vital for exceptional work. We have daily video standups, open calls, and 121s where you meet and build relationships with every member of the team. We have two all-company off-sites per year. These activities help us to build a strong and supportive workplace culture.