Housemates is a student accommodation marketplace built with Gen Z in mind. We aim to empower students and young people with a fast, smooth and secure booking experience through our platform.
Each year $180 billion is spent in the student housing sector and we believe our marketplace and booking solution can bring much-needed speed, ease and transparency to the sector.
We are seeking a Sales Assistant with customer-facing experience to help us provide an exceptional booking experience. You will be reporting directly to our Operations Manager and have the opportunity to grow your customer-facing abilities alongside other members of the team as well as our creative and ambitious wider team of engineers, marketers, operations and the company founder.
This role is a full-time, permanent position and you will be required to work evenings and weekends.
What you will do...
- Day to day, you’ll be a friendly face/voice for our customers and potential customers, talking to them through live chat, email and on the phone, guiding them through the booking process and providing a high-quality service
- Own it! In the grand scheme of things, we’re newcomers in the student accommodation space and sometimes things don’t go as we thought. We expect you to think creatively and resolve any issues - but don’t worry, we’re still here to help!
- As part of the Operations team, you’ll be encouraged to speak up about inefficiencies and suggest improvements. We have an open culture, where every voice counts.
- Finally, you’ll also need to help facilitate operational tasks, such as providing cashback.
Who we’re looking for...
- Keen to help customers - Due to the nature of our business, we have customers and potential customers from all over the globe - and we’re quite proud of that. You will need to have the patience, empathy and enthusiasm to look after them. Experience serving customers in any setting is a bonus!
- Be the voice of our customers - Between your conversations with customers, you will also be speaking to members of our team - whether that’s our other Customer Service Assistants, ops people, product designers, engineers or the founder herself. That’s a lot of talking, so we’re looking for approachable, peoply-people.
- Driven by purpose and values - We’re here to make real change happen, improving the lives of our customers, stakeholders and the wider community. We’re looking for the sort of person that’s driven by this, like the rest of us are.
- Strong, flexible work ethic - Life in ops moves fast, but especially in a startup. We’re looking for people who can join us for the ride. You’ll need to be able to manoeuvre through challenging situations, speed through support tickets and sometimes steer your way through difficult conversations. Note: No driving is actually required.
- Competitive salary of £20,000-24,000
- Commission available
- Team activities in and outside of the office
- Purpose-driven, values-based startup
- Non-corporate atmosphere
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- Some flexibility to work remote
More info on Housemates
The team at Housemates are building a better way for students to book accommodation, with the Housemates Marketplace and Housemates Occupy property management system.
Our products empower today’s students to find and secure accommodation whilst also enabling accommodation providers to receive global exposure, genuine bookings and slick inventory management.
We have a vision of becoming the leading accommodation brand for every student and we need great people to help us get there. If you want to join a purpose-driven and rapid-growth business with ambitious people, come join our house.
At Housemates, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where students can find their place. If you have the same curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, join us to help make student moves smooth.
Please send a cover letter and CV when applying for this role.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs