Imagemakers is a close knit team of dreamers and problem solvers. We’re an award winning digital experience firm where strategists, project managers, designers and developers bring UX and technology together to solve unique business challenges. We are website digital experience masters and we’re looking for someone to join our team who loves website development! In our growing company, creativity, confidence and collaboration are valued, and because we’re growing we’re looking for a Project Manager to join our team and help us continue our momentum.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
As Project Manager, you'll work closely with the Experience Director (XD) to fulfill the direction established by the XD and production team for each of our client’s websites. You’ll help define the detailed requirements for each website project and feature. You will need to be proactive in your communication and anticipate the needs of our clients and your peers.
You will also work closely with production teams on the specifications needed to deliver each website project successfully - on timeline and on budget, with a high client satisfaction rating. Plus, you’ll work with clients and outside resource partners to set priorities and coordinate details to allow the production team to keep projects moving forward.
- Use of your knowledge of the website development production process and project lifecycle to be leveraged to lead our team through the management of a project from conception to completion
- Revolutionize our team bandwidth planning process to create a new system to forecast team capacity and timeliness to bring on new projects.
- Work with the XD to define scope of each website build, including the management of project estimates, on-going project budgets, client invoices, and team bandwidth.
- Get answers for the team to clarify details as they develop website project deliverables both in WordPress and in .net sites
- Be aware of client commitments and communicate timelines internally to assist in the management of priorities. Learn to anticipate the needs of your client and peers to proactively manage projects and avoid pitfalls.
- Work with the production and XD team to prioritize our website development backlog to ensure all work is moving through our project lifecycle smoothly. This includes proactive task follow ups, discussions, and team management.
- Manage dependencies in and across releases of website iterations
- Facilitates work across production teams (strategy team, design team, front end development team, backend development team, quality assurance team) to ensure it is completed efficiently and consistently
- Owns the development lifecycle of all website projects and works tirelessly to optimize and evolve the process to create maximum efficiencies.
- Manage project related documents by ensuring that all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored
- Coordinate project correspondence including meeting minutes, email updates, etc.
- Owns accounting and invoice preparation for all client projects
- Tracks billable percentage of team members and brings up issues of bandwidth, overwork, underwork, and/or inefficiencies
- Tracks project impediments and presents options for resolution across all team processes
- Strong time management, organization and project management skills
- One to three years of relevant website or software project management experience or proven learning track
- Familiarity with website project management and other software applications, like Asana
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and dedication to proactively problem solving
- Ability to easily anticipate the needs of other and resolve issues before they even arise
Able to work at a computer and monitor (sitting and standing) for extended periods of time.
Who Should Apply:
- Do you love to constantly learn new things? And create new things?
- Do you love being deeply involved in projects and driving the momentum behind each project to see it succeed?
- Are you passionate about delivering technology solutions that solve complex business problems?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to use your experience and talent to help Imagemakers continue to grow and expand our impact?
- Do you love working with a team and using your talents to organize projects to help the team successfully deliver to the delight of our customers?
- Do you want an opportunity to make your mark in an organization that’s small enough to work well together, but large enough to have the resources needed to solve big problems?
- Are you intrigued by new challenges that don’t let the team settle for cookie cutter, system maintenance approaches?
If you answered yes to most of the questions, we want to meet you!
What’s it like at Imagemakers?
Imagemakers is a close knit team of dreamers and problem solvers. Headquartered in Wamego KS, (home of the OZ museum) we’re the wizard behind the curtain for award winning digital experiences ranging from core business software and engaging websites, to IoT applications, financial portals and platforms, and 3D product configurators.
Our core values and guiding principles give you insight into what’s important at Imagemakers. Curiosity, grit, resourcefulness, authenticity, making and impact and cultural understanding are the core values that drive our guiding principles.
- Solve the right problem. It’s the best way to deliver solutions that make an impact for our clients and their users.
- Value in every interaction. You’ll see it in the solutions we deliver, and in how we work to get there.
- Everybody benefits in every situation. This is what creative collaboration and focusing on impact does.
- Learn and grow relentlessly. It’s the best way to improve individually and collectively to be amazing.
While day-to-day processes are important, we keep bureaucracy in check to make sure rules and regulations don’t get in the way of our mission to deliver amazing solutions. We’re virtually integrated with flexible hours targeted between 9am and 6pm CST. You’ll work closely with our designers, some of the best back end developers you’ve ever seen, project managers, strategists, clients and vendors. Plus, you’ll get to experience the world through a wide variety of client industries, from tourism and entertainment, to healthcare, finance, manufacturing, retail and government. All focused on solving human problems in a digital world.
Imagemakers is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the opportunity to build a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, and currently reside within the United States.