We are seeking a hungry WordPress Developer to help build amazingly fast and compliant Digital Experiences for our global client base. You will be working with a team of 6, reporting back to the management team on the status of projects. You are a passionate, ambitious person who loves complex problems and producing user friendly, easy-to-use, conversion focused websites.
The role will include developing new websites along with general maintenance of existing client websites.
To deliver and maintain WordPress solutions to clients who require integration with back off systems such as Recruitment Portals, Property Portals, Membership / Subscription, Video, Stockist / Store Location systems. Your knowledge and skillset should far exceed simple theme installs and straight forward customisations – you should have the desire to push the limits of WordPress and deliver market leading websites that you would actually want to use yourself.
- Developing WooCommerce shops and WordPress websites from Sketch and Photoshop files
- Maintaining WooCommerce & WordPress websites, ensuring they are secure, backed-up and up-to-date.
- To deliver highly accurate WordPress bespoke theme and plugin builds from a functionality specification and artwork provided by our designers.
- Determine the best technical solutions for clients based on your knowledge and experience of WordPress solutions.
- Provide solutions to complex API integrations with third party systems.
- Manage your own workload, take personal responsibility for delivering on time and be accountable for your decisions.
- Communicate effectively and responsively with Management, the rest of development team and clients.
- Display industry expertise and knowledge effectively to clients, and share best practice throughout the team.
- A demonstrable portfolio of WordPress sites with complex API integrations, multilingual sites, Git workflows and/or WooCommerce.
- Experience of using Sketch/Photoshop/InVision; task runners such as Gulp/Grunt; CSS frameworks; and deployment processes such as Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Familiarity of Agile working methodologies.
- Familiar with AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
- A logical thought process and an ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients & colleagues.
- Experience of client expectation management.
- The ability to work by yourself and in a small team; be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated.
- At least three years commercial experience of front and backend WordPress development either in another agency or as a freelancer.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Experience / Examples using Headless WordPress.
- Being able to analyse data for our clients from sources such as Google Analytics, HotJar and Google Search Console and advise them based on the findings.
- Optimising websites for use on mobile devices and ensuring they are always quick to load.
- Familiar with Server Setup for WordPress with DNS, CDN’s, Caching & Optimisation.
- Familiar with popular page builders.
- Carrying out Performance reports on websites.
- Organised – Time management is essential.
- Experience of conversion rate optimisation.
- Exceptional time and project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Your daily activities will see you closely working between our Design and Development team to bridge the gap between design and implementation.
- Crafting and testing custom frontend WordPress projects as well as getting into the detail with implementing the frontend code into the WordPress backend.
- To participate in WordPress Support related enquiries in relation to help bug fix / fault find WordPress issues both cosmetic and functional.
- Ensuring our client sites are regularly maintained and optimised.
- Full Remote Position
- Company Pension
- Your Birthday Off
- 28 Days Holiday
- 2 Extra Days Holiday after 5 Years of Service
- Apple MacBook Pro, Magic Mouse and Additional Screen
- Opportunity to Attend WordCamps and Events
- Annual Training Budget for conferences and Events
*No Recruitment Agencies Please.
We apologise, we cannot respond to every application, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted.