I am looking for an Engineering Manager, to help my client build and ultimately lead one of their engineering teams. Your primary focus will be to manage the daily activities and priorities of the team. Keeping the focus on long- and short-term goals, while ensuring that the team keeps operating smoothly and cooperating closely with other staff groups. There are plenty of work and an option of challenges as they keep growing and entering new markets.
What you will do
- Prioritize and manage teams’ goals and daily work, keeping them aligned with Company goals.
- Drive the short-term planning and execution of sprints and long-term roadmaps
- Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure the Business goals are met in a timely fashion and communicate with stakeholders when they are at risk
- Keep the team members motivated, ensure their professional growth and well-being
- Create clarity and align the team behind (a) common goal(s)
- Cooperate closely with other Engineering teams and Operations
In order to succeed you need
- 3+ years of experience working in software engineering
- Excellent people skills and interest in leadership
- Passion for technology
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- The ability to analyze situations and make informed decisions; able to understand problems, think critically, and devise solutions
- The ability to work effectively with the people around; able to negotiate with others, and to recognize and appreciate diversity in the team
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multiply your effectiveness by guiding and influencing your engineers to maximize their productivity and impact
- You are an owner and are invested in the success of the product and the team
- Strong communication skills; a communication style that resonates with and inspires listeners, and an effective use of Agile/project management terminology to foster a common understanding of these concepts
- Experience using metrics/OKRs to measure the impact of organizational change initiatives.
- A devotion to continuous self-improvement; a voracious appetite for learning new things, and a strong presence in the greater Agile community
This is a great opportunity for personal growth in a modern gaming technology company and one of the industry leaders in North America. You will be joining a flat structure with open and honest communication where everyone has a voice and you will be responsible for impactful work – with the ability to define or influence the direction of your domain.