IT Security Analyst.
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for operating IT security controls, administering IT security and participating in IT projects as required; testing security mechanisms in systems and networks and monitoring system security. The IT Security Analyst will also be responsible monitoring and responding to various SIEM alerts.
- Monitor IT security controls including but not limited to: • Firewalls • Intrusion Detection/Prevention System • Malware Protection System • Endpoint Anti-Malware Management • Remote Access Systems and VPN • Security Incidents • Data Loss Prevention • Network Security (Wired & Wireless)
- 2. Participate and contribute to IT projects as a representative of the Security Operations team. Responsibilities include but not limited to: • Participate in new systems under development • Implement required security controls in new systems and infrastructure • Participate in risk assessments of new technologies and systems • Document security controls where applicable
- 3. Security Operation processes and procedures including but not limited to: • Service Request and Change Management • Cyber Security Incident Management Response • User & System Administration • Maintain SIEM environment and enhance as necessary • Ensure new system deployments are secure • Maintain workstation and server security hardening standards • Assist in trouble shooting security related network issues with network support team
- Availability • Must be available for after hours implementations, testing and support Qualifications Technical working knowledge of: • Must have some logging and monitoring systems experience preferably SPLUNK • Firewall configuration and management • Intrusion detection and prevention systems • Identity management including LDAP and Active Directory • Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Linux and SQL Server • network switches and firewalls • Vulnerability remediation
- Education • Post-Secondary degree in IT related field , or relevant work experience
- Experience • 2-4+ years’ experience • Industry certifications a plus