Linux Administrator - Cloud
This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, security and maintenance of cloud information technology infrastructure, including cloud data center and networking space, virtual servers, storage infrastructure, networking components and routing.
- Maintain and Improve the Google Cloud Platform infrastructure.
- Play a leading role in designing and implementing ongoing and future cloud infrastructure projects.
- Be responsible for the day to day maintenance and monitoring of all related cloud and on premise infrastructure.
- Maintain the operations of all web and application server systems to ensure availability, stability, and scalability.
- Participate in Annual Budgetary Reviews and Analysis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to operating systems, cloud, cloud networking, cloud-load balancing, cloud storage and databases.
- Play an active role in dev-ops activities and support
- Build and implement software standards for servers, operating systems and cloud environments.
- Leverage optimization techniques to maximize the efficiency of all computer systems.
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent desired
- 3+ years in Linux Environments, Networking & Web Application Support.
- CISSP, CompTIA and/or other relevant certifications preferred but not required.
- Expert knowledge of Linux servers
- Expert knowledge of Linux command line
- Advanced knowledge of Ubuntu or Debian-based OS
- Expert level understanding of Linux security principles and best-practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required to perform the essential functions include:
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Expert knowledge of network services such as HTTP(S), TLS, DNS, SSH, SFTP, and VPN protocols (OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, etc)
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN network architecture and security.
- Expert knowledge of Network security principles and firewalling.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2-4 routing and switching technologies
- Strong background in Web Servers (Apache, Nginx, etc) and Web Application architecture and security.
- Bash scripting experience
- Cloud Computing Principles
- Cloud Networking Principles
- Cloud Storage Principles
- Cloud Security Principles
- Ability to react quickly to unexpected issues in a time-sensitive and high pressure environment and develop strong and effective solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively build relationships, be a strong member of a collaborative team environment, and influence others.