Senior Data Software Engineer
iProov is the world leader in face biometric verification. We establish trust in remote users and deliver effortless, customer centric, device independent authentication tied to trusted ID credentials. We are on a mission to make the Internet a safer place for businesses and consumers.
Our unique facial biometric technology allows banks, governments, healthcare and travel providers to verify customer identity online and provide simple access to secure services. In 2020 we were recognised as a Gartner Cool Vendor and as the 22nd fastest growing technology company in the UK by Deloitte. We work with fantastic customers across a number of industry sectors - organisations using our technology include the US Department of Homeland Security, the UK Home Office, the NHS, Eurostar, the Australian government, the Singapore government, ING and many more.
- Working with the platform and reporting teams to maintain and advance our data warehousing and reporting capabilities.
- Providing domain expertise to ensure our data pipeline runs at 100% reliability and accuracy, paying attention to observability and monitoring of the data pipeline platform.
- Documenting and sharing best practices within the team.
- Keeping abreast with the latest developments in data pipeline technology and data protection requirements.
- Working within a modern Python codebase, using Beam, MongoDB, and deploying with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform.
- Demonstrated previous experience in data engineering in a commercial setting.
- Strong experience with Python and Kubernetes.
- We’d love to hear from anyone using technologies like Beam or Airflow. Previous experience using equivalent data streaming technologies is welcome.
- Strong debugging skills and familiarity with tooling.
- Focus on well documented experimentation, analysis, instrumentation and debugging.
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams: we have a flexible, results-oriented working culture and our development and operations team is split between the US, UK and Singapore.
- You behave like an owner and take full responsibility and pride in your work.
- You possess the ability to think laterally and innovatively to advance through any obstacles in your path.
- You have the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You take initiative in your tasks and signal up when a new challenge is needed.
- Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
- The right to work in the UK.
- Opportunity to participate in share options subject to board approval
- 25 days Annual Leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Vitality Health insurance
- Flexible working
- Free Barista Coffee/Tea, biscuits and fruit in the office
- Free access to WeWork discounts and free online well-being sessions
iProov takes home gold in three cybersecurity excellence awards: Government, Financial Services, and Identity Proofing & Corroboration – https://www.iproov.com/blog/cyber-security-awards-government-finance
iProov wins Best Biometric Solution at 2021 Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards – https://www.iproov.com/blog/best-biometric-solution-cyber-security-2021
iProov named winner of coveted Global InfoSec Award during RSA Conference – https://www.iproov.com/press/iproov-winner-of-global-infosec-award-during-rsa-conference-2021
iProov is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.