Senior DevOps Engineer (Contract)
Day Rate: Competitive
Start date: ASAP
Location: London (Remote or Hybrid)
Type: Contract (3 months)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Team: Web SDK
iProov is on a mission to make the internet a safer place for businesses and consumers. Our unique facial biometric technology allows banks, governments, healthcare and travel providers to verify customer identity online and provide simple access to secure services.
In 2020 we were recognised as a Gartner Cool Vendor and as the 5th fastest growing technology company in the UK by Deloitte. We work with fantastic customers across a number of industry sectors – organisations using our technology include the US Department of Homeland Security, the UK Home Office, the NHS, Eurostar, the Singapore government, ING and many more.
We are after someone to help make our team more productive and modernise our CI/CD system for our Web SDK, including automated demo environments secured with access control.
- Design and build a future-proof, scalable and production ready CI/CD
- Design, configure and deliver cloud infrastructure environments in cost-effective way
- Ensure all cloud services meet agreed SLOs and have the highest level of security, scalability and performance
- Work with Web SDK team to build tools that support SDLC automation
- Provide guidelines on DevOps best practices
- Proven experience setting up frontend development environments that are a joy to use.
- Automation using Azure DevOps or Google Cloud Build.
- Working with frontend build chains using Webpack with custom configurations.
- Strong experience in designing and developing CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Ability to document your work, mentor and teach junior (and not so junior) developers!
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps/Software Engineering
- Automation of E2E tests using Selenium.
- Experience in Cloud Platforms: Azure and Google Cloud
- Hand-on in-depth experience of developing, deploying and managing containerised environments eg. Docker, Google Cloud Run, Azure Container Instances
- Expert experience with infrastructure as a code (IaC) eg. Terraform
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices
- Experience with network and application security policy, practices, and implementation
- You behave like an owner and take full responsibility and pride in your work.
- You’re comfortable in an R&D, iterative environment with a culture of experimentation and continuous learning.
- You’re open and keen to share your knowledge across your team.
- You possess the ability to think laterally and innovatively to advance through any obstacles in your path.
- You have the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You take initiative in your tasks and signal up when a new challenge is needed.
- The right to work in the UK.
iProov takes home gold in three cybersecurity excellence awards: Government, Financial Services, and Identity Proofing & Corroboration – https://www.iproov.com/blog/cyber-security-awards-government-finance
iProov wins Best Biometric Solution at 2021 Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards – https://www.iproov.com/blog/best-biometric-solution-cyber-security-2021
iProov named winner of coveted Global InfoSec Award during RSA Conference – https://www.iproov.com/press/iproov-winner-of-global-infosec-award-during-rsa-conference-2021