If you'd like to make the online world a safer place, come join us.
iProov is the world leader in face biometric verification. We establish trust in remote users and deliver effortless, customer centric, device independent authentication tied to trusted ID credentials. We are on a mission to make the Internet a safer place for businesses and consumers.
Our unique facial biometric technology allows banks, governments, healthcare and travel providers to verify customer identity online and provide simple access to secure services. In 2020 we were recognised as a Gartner Cool Vendor and as the 5th fastest growing technology company in the UK by Deloitte. We work with fantastic customers across a number of industry sectors - organisations using our technology include the US Department of Homeland Security, the UK Home Office, the NHS, Eurostar, the Australian government, the Singapore government, ING and many more.
Our flagship Genuine Presence Assurance technology solidified its global market leadership, with verifications growing at a consistent rate of 25% per month worldwide. This has been driven by demand from organizations needing to verify the identity of online users to prevent fraud. iProov’s patented technology assures the genuine presence of an online user to ensure they are the right person, a real person, and authenticating right now.
Diversity at iProov is about reflecting the customers we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
As we continue to scale and grow, we are looking for an experienced VP, AI to join and lead the growing AI function to ensure our system continues to deliver outstanding levels of biometric security and performance globally.
You will be leading a team of 5 which is looking to grow to 15-20 over the next 6 – 12 months.
Our system has to provide the highest levels of biometric security to defend against the numerous and growing threats, whilst ensuring that we deliver outstanding performance for our millions of users worldwide. This is an exceptionally challenging problem as the nature of the threats evolves rapidly and there is a constant and growing need to track new threats, develop new defences and deploy in a timely and efficient manner. This arms race requires a highly innovative approach to the development and use of AI.
The right candidate will be able to draw on their hands-on experience of building AI systems as well as their leadership experience to develop and grow the existing AI team of exceptional engineers, to oversee the AI pipeline from data to deployment, and to ensure the continuous delivery of cutting edge systems.
The individual who joins this high performing team will work with friendly, supportive and highly professional colleagues. We care about the career and professional development of our colleagues; and promise that you’ll learn new things, achieve the remarkable and never get bored.
· Continuously iterating and enhancing our system to meet the dual demands of security and performance
· Growing the AI function
· Ensuring our system continues to have the utmost quality through testing, assurance, risk management and security approaches set by you
· Help disseminate knowledge and build understanding of AI, and our use of it, throughout the company
· Providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team
· Proactively shaping the growth and direction of the AI team
· Manage the selection and interdependencies of frameworks, development platforms and pipeline tools
· Communicate and drive AI initiatives across functions
· Participate in technical design, define and influence product strategy
· Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the AI team
· Proactively identify, prioritise and resolve development issues as they arise working closely with company leadership
· Mentor and promote team members and help leaders grow the organization
· Work effectively and collaborate cross functionally, build support and alignment across multiple business units.
· This is a fantastic opportunity to help build a global brand in an exciting industry sector.
You will need:
· Strong experience of managing a high performing AI team in a rapidly growing environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Experience designing and developing, or overseeing the development of, ML pipelines
· Ability to connect business requirements to technology design
· A demonstrable track record of building, coaching and leading high performing teams.
· Passion for people and an enthusiasm for learning and personal growth
· Experience in directing best practices in the ethical use of AI
· You are big on collaboration, creating an inspiring environment where ideas are shared, and openness is valued both inside and outside of engineering.
· You are a great communicator who can take people on a journey, whether it's the senior leadership or our teams outside of engineering.
• 25 days Annual Leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays
• Vitality Health insurance
• Flexible working
• Free Barista Coffee/Tea, biscuits and fruit in the office
• Free access to WeWork discounts and free online well-being sessions
iProov takes home gold in three cybersecurity excellence awards: Government, Financial Services, and Identity Proofing & Corroboration – https://www.iproov.com/blog/cyber-security-awards-government-finance
iProov wins Best Biometric Solution at 2021 Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards – https://www.iproov.com/blog/best-biometric-solution-cyber-security-2021
iProov named winner of coveted Global InfoSec Award during RSA Conference – https://www.iproov.com/press/iproov-winner-of-global-infosec-award-during-rsa-conference-2021