About the role
An exciting opportunity to join our active Conference & Events Team. We are looking to help the family to grow and develop their business further and this role is perfect for someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, working with a whole mix of clients where one day is never the same as the next. Attention to detail is key for this role alongside a pro-active attitude where you are running a whole variety of events from your intimate special occasions to the high-flying International Conferences; all from start to finish and back again. The candidate needs to be approachable, friendly, have acute attention to detail and be able to talk to a variety of different clients from all levels in a business (internal and external) as well a natural talent in sales and relationship building.
What are the top 5 things this role will deliver?
- Relationship Management with Key Accounts, nurturing new business and constantly looking for new leads. This should be handled in conjunction with maintaining long term relationships with key accounts to ensure repeat business is brought in.
- A pro-active approach to all new inquiries and sales leads either by phone or email, making clear recommendations based on the customer needs, and providing clear and detailed proposals, sales materials & contracts as required.
- Co-ordinate the booking from inquiry carefully and accurately through to the event including - Booking function rooms; reserving room allocations; reducing room allocations according to agreed T&Cs; confirming menus, prices and food & drink packages; co-ordinate event times; book entertainment; book any specialist equipment requests on behalf of the customer; organise for any extras, for example flowers or champagne; issue contracts and secure payments prior to the event in line with department standards
- Follow set procedures and audit multiple bookings of the different formats to ensure continuity and accuracy.
- Work closely within the current team to help relieve pressure points within their own workload which is seasonal dependent. Carefully balance this with your own workload.
What you’ll get from us
- The chance to work in a friendly, forward thinking company with investment as a priority.
- Great benefits – including pension, and discounts on leisure membership, food and hotel stays
- Live in accommodation may be available