We are currently looking for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join our team.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We'd love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should be a natural born Geek, have a love for technology, interacting with clients and sharing knowledge.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for managing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading our ISP and client servers and network infrastructure.
- Advanced server systems administration (Linux/Unix)
- Advanced networking routing, switching, firewalling and general IP networking experience
- Advanced DNS administration
- VMware, HyperV, ESXi and related
- A minimum of 5 years experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- A minimum of 5 years experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Indepth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- CCNA/CCNP (or equivalent)
- SAN/NAS technologies
- Drivers license
- Mail server experience (Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Antispam/Antivirus, DNSBL, SMTP protocol & general mail routing)
- Wireless networking
- LAMP stack
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- PHP & WordPress admin
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Microsoft certifications, including MCSA-O365 and MS900/MD101/MS101/MS500
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
- Maintenance of our ISP network and hosting environment, including mail, DNS, firewall, web and all virtual server environments.
- Effective involvement in projects and the rollout of solutions to clients.
- Support and maintenance of custom in-house applications.
- Managing the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Build and document network management and telemetry road maps for infrastructure and services
- Integrate network management platforms into the Microsoft cloud for new and existing technologies
- Experience in workload deployments to public clouds: Amazon, Azure, etc
- Architecture and design of fault tolerant systems