The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is an accurate, attention to detail, honest, confident yet humble, self-starting, persevering individual who takes initiative and is proud of their work. They must have a good foundation in the IT industry, a broad understanding of and adequate experience in the IT service desk environment. Be a keen problem solver with a passion for technology and continuous learning. They must be able to work well both independently and as a manager and leader to the technical team.
- Daily early morning operational checks and coordination of the technical resources.
- Staying stay up-to-date with any active sensitive tickets or tasks, guiding the technical team to successful completion both from within the ticket management system and on a face to face basis in an effort ensure to all incidents and changes are progressed & cleared within SLA or customer set expectation.
- Providing ongoing coaching to the technical team both in the moment and proactively in training sessions where required.
- Working in the ticket management system, reviewing and action all assigned tickets that need to be dealt with by the Technical Manager.
- Assisting the Service Manager to ensure the daily effective and efficient operations of the Support Operations Team.
- Function as the internal point of contact for any technical queries to and from the rest of the business.
- Swiftly act in the event that failure management is required, quickly grasping then taking charge, pooling the correct resources and then driving the matter at hand through to resolution.
- Perform failure investigations as part of failure management through root cause analysis with report back to the customers and management, feeding the information back into the continuous improvement cycle.
- Dealing with staff and customers in an efficient, professional, courteous manner.
- Communicate critical level status to the Account Management & Executive teams as required where matters arise.
- Co-ordinate Technical challenges Service Manager and Coordinator where required.
- Occasional visits to site if required for the purpose of training staff or dealing with technical emergencies of a sensitive nature where the team may not be equipped to handle.
- Inspect, understand, approve, and facilitate ingestion to the support team of handovers from the projects department to not only ensure these were completed to standard (both as a customer representative and according to own internal standards) and the documentation and technical team is adequately updated.
- Ensure projects performed for managed customers are aligned with Standards (as the customer representative) and ensure these are ingested into the business.
- Daily close off ticket checks with the service manager and team to promote progress on stale tickets and ensure no critical tickets are left over for the next day where avoidable downtime could be prevented.
- Attend weekly Head of Department meetings, reporting back on achievements and progress on self-managed deadlines.
- Maintain a clear focus on quality assurance and proactive failure prevention through proactive day to day monitoring of service tickets and identified areas of concern.
- Proactively identify areas and incidents of concern before they become client impacting then efficiently working with the team to defuse or resolve.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement cycle of the technical team through the identification and planning phases.
- Complete routine proactive checks on the technical team and their active service tickets to ensure consistent quality as well as a clear understanding of technical processes and standards.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist the team as the final technical escalation point.
- Occasionally accompanying onsite and field service resources in their daily their routine as a method of quality control and coaching.
- Working with the CTO and COO to establish and maintain technical standards and processes to ensure understanding and effective use of the established technical standards through targeted training, day to day coaching and general awareness.
- Stay up to date with industry notices and trends as well as reviewing customer feedback and incidents to feedback relevant items into the company's best practice.
- Together with the executive committee review and refresh skills requirements for technical team and the business at large and drive the development thereof.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all the internal and interdepartmental processes in place, raising any issues of inefficiencies noticed.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all the overall support objectives, as well as the role and function of each support team member.
- Oversee the maintenance and accurate updating of the company’s internal documentation platform to ensure entries are current and accurate.
- Where required administer some of the business's sensitive internal systems.
- As the highest technical point in the technical team, oversee healthy functioning of the Change department as the Change Manager.
- Attend weekly team meeting with team and be prepared for queries on tickets.
- Updating the company Knowledgebase and Documentation as information is gained or where needed.
- Assist the sales team in the sales cycle where required.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Promote and represent the brand and values at all times.
- Respond to clients’ requests as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Drive the development of strong relationships between the business and clients at all times.
- Contribute towards client satisfaction wherever possible.
- Take every opportunity to help colleagues delight clients at all times.
- Assist Sales Team where required and escalate sales opportunities by recommending technical resolution where issues are systemic or chronic.
Education, Qualification and Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A real passion for not only IT but technology.
- Managing of major incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout.
- Strong leadership attributes with the ability to lead a high performing, quality focused team.
- Able to guide technicians and deal with the challenges presented by strong personalities with a high degree of technical expertise.
- A broad self-maintained knowledge of all IT verticals.
- 10+ Years of experience in the IT Industry.
- 5+ Years of experience managing people in a leadership or management role.
- Experience preferably spread over a variety of IT Support roles.
- A position relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Relevant Management or Leadership Experience
- Thorough knowledge of MSP RMM Platforms (N-ABLE/Kaseya)
- Relevant Industry Specific Certificates
- Experience working closely with senior executives
- Ability to translate vision into strategy and guide execution
- Experience working at an IT MSP
- Success cultivating and managing growth within customers: capturing new business opportunities
- Strong virtualization with VMware/vCenter and Hyper-V
- Experience with Server OS and associated technologies’ project management, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting (Windows 2019, 2016, 2012/R2, 2008, 2003, MS Exchange, Office365, AD, security)
- Experience running management meetings and presenting to Exco