Jobbatical is looking for an experienced, highly motivated operations leader to design and build out the Jobbatical expansion to new markets. Working directly with the rest of the leadership team, you’ll manage key aspects of our operational processes and business modeling. As you gain a deep understanding of our global mobility product and business, you’ll push for financial strength and excellence and enable the team with effective processes that support both quality execution and growth of the company.
In the era of the greatest talent shortage in human history, Jobbatical is on a mission to make immigration easy so that people can work beyond borders. Our clients’ eyes light up when we tell them about our vision of a world where immigration for skilled talent happens in seconds, not months. Come help us scale into new markets and make that impact global.
- Build our business operations and shape the vision for Jobbatical’s growth.
- Translate company strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth leading to organization-wide goal-setting, performance management, and annual operating plan.
- Build and manage a team of global mobility advisors who service our clients.
- Ensure the immigration and relocation delivery team's velocity, quality of work, and transparent KPIs.
- Design and implement business operations.
- Help the Product and Engineering teams understand which operational processes should be automated/productized.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to analyze, develop and implement culture initiatives to promote a positive culture that will accelerate Jobbatical’s growth.
- Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting, and partner with the CEO on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Manage the budget and other financial metrics of the HR department.
- Lead financial analysis and modeling preparation process.
- Oversee financial reporting (management accounts, statutory accounts, investor reports).
- Lead the budget vs actual financial review process.
- Coordinate legal frameworks around Jobbatical’s services.
- Proven experience in operational leadership
- Experience crafting and executing expansion to new markets
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Strong planning and analysis, business analytics and insights, forecasting/budgeting experience
- Experience with business model analysis
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing, etc.
- Tech startup experience is a plus
- Fundraising experience is a plus
Required soft skills:
- A good sense of when to compromise and when to fight till your last breath
- Fearlessness in the face of uncomfortable conversations and difficult truths
- The ability to give specific and constructive feedback, both negative and positive, that empowers others to work on their weaknesses and build on their strengths
- The ability to prioritize, delegate, and say no to things when you need to, keeping your to-do lists manageable
- A knack for presenting your ideas and plans with enthusiasm while not forgetting to back them up with that sweet-sweet data
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills