Jobbatical helps the world work together by making international hiring easier than hiring locally.
We’re looking for an Immigration/Relocation Specialist based in Germany, ideally Berlin to start at Jobbatical as soon as possible. As a remote member of our Global Mobility team, you will ensure a seamless relocation experience for talent moving to Germany.
Our team is on a mission to increase net talent mobility in the world and the best way of doing that is by making the hardest part of relocating to another country – immigration – ridiculously easy. We have ambitious plans for the future that start with helping hyper-growth startups and global companies scale by taking over employee relocation off their plate. In the past few months, we’ve worked with clients like Transferwise, Pipedrive and Twilio to relocate people from dozens of countries. Now we need you to take the next step.
- Immigration and settle-in processes for talent relocating to Germany
- Immigration-related procedures for employers hiring international talent in Germany
- Prepare immigration documentation and attend appointments if needed
- Manage your own caseload from start to finish
- Build and maintain relocation processes and guidelines for Jobbatical in Germany
- Support international talent after the relocation process
- Update the team on amendments in the law/processes
- Support your colleagues with immigration-related information
- Take the initiative on immigration and settle-in-related projects
- Participate in sales meetings.
- At least 2 years of client-facing German relocation/immigration experience
- In-depth knowledge of relocation/immigration and processes in Germany
- Strong knowledge of German immigration trends and regulations
- Comfortable working remotely
- An excellent communicator in person and over the internet
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience working with government organizations (immigration offices, embassies, etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent and keen to take initiative
About the pay and benefits
- Great compensation. A good salary, and (if you need it) a solid relocation package. Obviously.
- Self-care budget. A budget for books, gym, and Uber rides for when you want to treat yourself to a night out.
- Tools for the job. A computer, monitor, headphones, and other hardware you might need to work comfortably.
- Time for yourself. 28 days of paid vacation, 3 mental health days a year, and generous parental leave.
- Flexible Work.
- Annual offsite in Tallinn. Karaoke included.