🤔 Short Description:A Junior QA Engineer that will help us test and automatize testing on existing environments
🏌️♂️Three Core Skills: (i) Ownership of the role; (ii) Capacity to work in collaborative environment; (iii) Willingness to learn
😋 Main Requirement: Technical familiarity with development concepts such as SQL, REST API and web development.
🗣️ Language Requirements: Conversational English (our working language is English)
📌 Location: Remote 🌎 (preferably European Timezone)
And what makes Katoo unique?
In 2021, we are used to ordering our favourite 🍕 and 🍔 in just two clicks from apps like Glovo, UberEats, Deliveroo...
It seems unthinkable to believe that restaurants are still using pen & paper, WhatsApp, phone calls or even fax (!!!) to place their own orders to their suppliers right? Well… they are!
Take a look at the other side and you’ll find thousands of suppliers waking up at 4am, listening to countless voice notes and spending hours manually inputting the orders sent by their restaurants into their ERPs. It is boring, time consuming and prone to mistakes!
Katoo’s mission is simple - we want to connect and empower the food supply chain - offering restaurants and suppliers the best technological tools to manage their relationships!
- Is it challenging? Of course yes 🎯
- Are we ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen? Yes - to the moon and beyond 🚀
- Want to be part of this amazing team? Join us
Ok, but what will be my role?
Our Junior QA Engineer will be a part of our international tech team (currently represented by Spanish, Brazilian, Polish, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Indian nationalities 🙂 ) and an integral part of the whole team, taking a lead over all testing matters.
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- You will be able to have high-level vision of the whole system and the motivation behind each decision
- You will plan, do and execute manual, automatic and load tests
- You will register and verify found bugs and its fixes
- You will provide feedback to improve the applications
- You will participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans
- You will help other teams (such as Operations) with the knowledge you will get of the platform
- TACOS (see below)
In short, this is a broad role within the backend team, so be prepared to get your hands dirty!
Sounds cool! What are you looking for?
More than everything else, we are looking for someone excited to join us in reaching our challenging objective. We are working hard to reach our goals, and we expect you to do the same!
In details, here the key skills we are looking for:
- Someone that just finished its studies and wants to get started in the QA world
- Technically familiar with development concepts such as SQL, REST API and web development
- Ability to analyze a problem, its causes and impact
- Someone who works in a highly collaborative environment
- Willingly to investigate the best way to automatize testing on an existing environment
What do you offer?
- Competitive Salary + Health Insurance
- 23 paid holidays per year
- Fridays works till 3pm
- Extremely flexible working environment (no fixed timelines, remote work, etc.)
- Being part of a growing team in one of the most high-paced startups in Europe. If you're good and you give it your all, you will be promoted quickly
- A young and ambitious team that know when to work but also when to have fun (company events, weekly lunches, beers😀🍻, etc.)
What's the Interview process like?
The process we use is the following:
- x1 Technical Test
- x1 Technical Interview with our Backend Lead
- x1 Product / Fit Interview with the rest of the team
- Offer Meeting with Karan, our Cofounder and CPO/COO
Want some tips for your interview? We are like TACOS 🌮. And we want you to be the same!
Sounds weird? Here the whys:
- Tenacity: we focus on Impact
- Ambition: we make big, bold, bets
- Client-first: we are bounded to our clients
- Ownership: we are all bosses
- Socialization: we foster socialization between cross-functional departments
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!
- Contract type: If in Spain / Italy a company contract, if in some other country, a freelancing contract
- Location: Remote
- Start date: as soon as possible! (if you want a date, it would be yesterday!)