🤔 Short Description: Mid iOS Engineer with 3+ years experience in Swift
🏌️♂️Three Core Skills: (i) Ownership of the role; (ii) Capacity to work in collaborative environment; (iii) Willingness to learn
😋 Main Requirement: Swift
🗣️ Language Requirements: Conversational English (our working language is English)
📌 Location: Remote 🌎 (preferably European Timezone)
And what makes Katoo unique?
In 2021, we are used to ordering our favourite 🍕 and 🍔 in just two clicks from apps like Glovo, UberEats, Deliveroo...
It seems unthinkable to believe that restaurants are still using pen & paper, WhatsApp, phone calls or even fax (!!!) to place their own orders to their suppliers right? Well… they are!
Take a look at the other side and you’ll find thousands of suppliers waking up at 4am, listening to countless voice notes and spending hours manually inputting the orders sent by their restaurants into their ERPs. It is boring, time consuming and prone to mistakes!
Katoo’s mission is simple - we want to connect and empower the food supply chain - offering restaurants and suppliers the best technological tools to manage their relationships!
- Is it challenging? Of course yes 🎯
- Are we ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen? Yes - to the moon and beyond 🚀
- Want to be part of this amazing team? Join us
Ok, but what will be my role?
Our Mid iOS Engineer will be a part of our international Tech team (currently represented by Spanish, Brazilian, Polish, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Indian nationalities 🙂 ) and an integral part of the Mobile team, which currently has 2 members.
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- Develop! We want someone who wants to get his/her hands dirty!
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure the app fits the necessities of the Product
- Interact with the Founding Team to make strategic decisions (Ownership)
- TACOS (see below)
In short, this is a broad role within the mobile team, so be prepared to get your hands dirty!
Sounds cool! What are you looking for?
More than everything else, we are looking for someone excited to join us in reaching our challenging objective. We are working hard to reach our goals, and we expect you to do the same!
In details, here the key skills we are looking for:
- Mid iOS Engineer with 3+ years experience in a high paced environment (consulting, high-paced start-up, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in Swift
- Appreciated experience in: Core Data, Firebase Messaging, MVP architecture, Cocoapods, Storyboard/Xib.
- Gives importance to clean and high maintenance code. As well as to good design and user experience.
- Some knowledge in other technologies like Frontend development or mobile development will be appreciated as it's useful to understand the whole picture
- Someone who works in a highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to take our product to the next level! 🚀
What do you offer?
- Competitive Salary + Health Insurance
- 23 paid holidays per year
- Fridays works till 3pm
- Extremely flexible working environment (no fixed timelines, remote work, etc.)
- Being part of a growing team in one of the most high-paced startups in Europe. If you're good and you give it your all, you will be promoted quickly
- A young and ambitious team that know when to work but also when to have fun (company events, weekly lunches, beers😀🍻, etc.)
Any other tips for the interview?
The process we use is the following:
- x1 Interview with Karan (Cofounder and CPO/COO)
- x1 Technical Test
- x1 Technical Interview with our Mobile Lead + Backend Lead
- x1 Product / Fit Interview with the rest of the team
- Offer Meeting with Karan
Want some tips for your interview? We are like TACOS 🌮. And we want you to be the same!
Sounds weird? Here the whys:
- Tenacity: we focus on Impact
- Ambition: we make big, bold, bets
- Client-first: we are bounded to our clients
- Ownership: we are all bosses
- Socialization: we foster socialization between cross-functional departments
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!
- Contract type: If in Spain / Italy a company contract, if in some other country, a freelancing contract
- Location: Remote
- Start date: as soon as possible! (if you want a date, it would be yesterday!)