🤔 Short Description: The owner of all the office related matters (Facilities, Work Trips, Finance...) as well as managing the onboarding of new Katooers and their experience at Katoo.
🏌️♂️Three Soft Skills: (i) Natural people person who instinctively cares about employees
(ii) Capacity to work in a collaborative environment; (iii) Highly organized and proactive skills
😋 Main Requirement: 2+ years of experience in a similar role in another start-up / organization
🗣️ Language Requirements: Native Italian and Conversational English
📌 Location: Milan
And what makes Katoo unique?
In 2021, consumers are used to ordering their favourite 🍕 and 🍔 from restaurants in just two clicks using apps like Glovo, UberEats, Deliveroo, etc.
On the other hand, restaurants are still using pen & paper, WhatsApp, phone calls or even fax (yes, it's a thing!) to place their orders to their suppliers. Take a look at the other side and you’ll find thousands of suppliers waking up at 4 am, listening to countless voice notes and spending hours manually inputting the orders sent by their restaurants into their ERPs. The process is boring, time-consuming and prone to mistakes for both sides.
Katoo enters the market and our mission is to connect and empower the food supply chain, offering restaurants and suppliers the best tools to manage their relationships.
We started with a mobile app for restaurants that saves an average of 5 hours a week in ordering processes and reduces up to 80% of their mistakes. Despite lockdowns, we have grown our business x8 in the last 12 months, making operations faster and smoother for more than 5.000 restaurants & suppliers. We recently launched our second product and rest assured we have ambitious plans for what's next - including expanding our services to more countries.
To get there, we are focused on hiring people who shares our values. We call it TACOS 🌮:
- Tenacity: we focus on impact.
- Ambition: we make big, bold bets.
- Client-first: we are bounded to our clients.
- Ownership: we are all bosses.
- Socialisation: we foster socialisation between cross-functional departments.
Is it challenging? Of course yes 🎯
Are we ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen? Yes - to the moon and beyond 🚀
Want to be part of this amazing team? Keep on reading!
Ok, but what will be the People Coordinator and Community Manager role all about?
Our People Coordinator and Community Manager is the central piece of the Milan office and the right hand to the Head of People in all the key behind the scenes admin and organizational processes. You will ensure that Katooers are excited about going to work by bringing the best employee experience 😃🌮👩🍳
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- You will manage the behind the scenes of Katooers onboarding to ensure they have all the equipment and resources that they need to succeed on Day 1 and throughout their life @Katoo ( 💻 📱, 🌐Computer set up, phone setup, manage Katoo´s merchandising...) 🦸🦸♂️
- You will be the hero behind buying key critical stuff for Katooers performance e.g. PC/ Computer, etc 🔑
- You will coordinate the Milan´s office budget, carry out monthly contract management and holidays counting and reporting to our Labor professional 🖇️
- You will be the owner of ensuring bank transfers are done to suppliers as well as managing employees expenses 💳
- You will handle any other People related matters: ad-hoc issues e.g. government support scheme during Covid 🧞♂️
- You will manage, coordinate and monitor the internal trips happening at Katoo, so we can provide a smooth and wow employee experience to our Katooers 🚆✈️ 🗺️
- You will co-create together with the People team, processes to add efficiency to how we move and operate and reduce annoyances amongst Katooers 💭👩💻
- You will organize, shape and manage Katoo´s events, to reignite their sense of purpose, strength the social bonds between Katooers and most importantly, to have fun and socialize all together 🥳 🎉🌮
- You will manage the job postings and alerts as well as the partnerships with universities 🖖
- You will organize and structure all the repository and new company paper documentation 📁
- Community Management - in charge of setting up the new office space in our co-working, create a friendly and inspiring atmosphere space for the Katooers to boost their full potential, and (When the time comes) negotiate the existing contract 🏠
- Ensuring all new joiners are registered with the co-working as well as connecting the dots between our growth and space 🚀
- Set up and manage and Labour Risk Prevention for our new office and community space 👌🏻 ♻️
- Community Incidence Management - making sure everything is working smoothly at the office, and we are offering an outstanding experience to our Katooers 🏄 ✊👊
- Community Connectivity coordination - coordination of all key matters with the co-working 🧩 🖨️
- Commmunity Mailbox - Be in charge of the Correspondence & Messaging that knocks on Katoo´s door 💌
In short, this is an extremely hybrid role with lots of space of growth and development as Katoo´s office grows and so does this role 💪🎨
Sounds cool! What are you looking for?
We are looking for someone excited to join a young and exciting environment that's full of energy and that needs a key figure to make sure things don't get out of hand. We are working hard to reach our goals, and we expect you to do the same!
In details, here the key skills we are looking for:
- You are a smiley People person who is creative and client-focused and who looks for solutions while keeping business interests in mind.
- You are passionate about People´s department and adding efficiency to current processes.
- You are proactive and experience driven and you know how important it is to provide a wow employee experience right from the beginning and develop meaningful micro-actions to strengthen our TACOS
- You are extremely organized and you have a natural process improvement mindset by which you ingeniously bring new approaches and solutions to existing processes.
- You have a highly practical attitude, doing things in the most efficient way possible
- You love the game of negotiating with multiple vendors and finding a common ground while pushing for Katoo´s best interests
- You have experience managing all office related topics - from simple office incidences like a faulty Wifi or aircon, to searching and securing new office space.
Do you identify yourself with the above? Then - you are the person for the job
What do you offer ?
- Competitive Salary + Health Insurance
- 23 paid holidays per year
- Extremely flexible work environment (no fixed timelines, remote work when needed, etc.)
- Being part of a growing team in one of the most high-paced startups in Europe. If you're good and you give it your all, you will be promoted quickly
- A young and ambitious team that know when to work but also when to have fun (company events, weekly lunches, beers😀🍻, etc.)
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!