We are a leading cryptocurrency marketplace that provides peer-to-peer crypto trading using our cutting-edge non-custodial escrow service. Launched in 2017 with an emphasis on privacy and security, we now have over 100,000 users in 100+ countries. We’re offering an exciting opportunity to join our global team!
You can learn more about our product at LocalCryptos.com.
As a full-stack developer, you will be responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment. You should be familiar with and comfortable with a variety of coding languages, development frameworks, tools, and libraries.
This offer is for a full-time position in inner-city Melbourne (5 minutes from the CBD).
The LocalCryptos marketplace is not only a website, but an all-in-one cryptocurrency wallet and end-to-end encrypted messaging platform. Because of this, its development requires special attention to detail with security in mind at all times.
Applicants should bear in mind that this heavy focus on security can interrupt normal front-end coding practices, such as importing third-party-hosted scripts like Google APIs. In these situations, developers will need to assess potential risks to user security, and design innovative alternatives or workarounds.
More information: https://localcryptos.com/security
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the development of secure and efficient back-end and front-end software
- Engineering a modern highly responsive web-based user interface with ReactJS
- Building reusable components and libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wire-frames into high-quality code
- Learning and understanding user interactions to inform development decisions
- Optimising components for maximum performance across a vast array of operating systems, devices, and browsers
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience in a broad range of security principals and secure software development practices
- Ability to learn new technologies and languages quickly
- Strong understanding of web security fundamentals
- High-level familiarity with cryptography concepts (private keys, public keys, hashes, encryption)
- High-level familiarity with cryptocurrencies
- Experience with mobile application development
- Experience with network security or server management
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Understanding of how various cryptocurrencies work, and their limitations
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with perks
- A perfect working environment in a spacious and aesthetic open-plan office minutes from the CBD
- A chance to work in the emerging blockchain sector and use next-generation technologies
- Potential for company-sponsored trips interstate and abroad to development conferences and industry events