Goal of position :
This new role is required to supplement the existing software team resource to help support growth in Loma’s development programmes. The prime requirements of the role are to develop, validate and test software and hardware for Loma’s inspection products to ensure products are robust, easy to use, cost effective, market-leading and optimising the capacity of the system.
- Design, develop, test and implementation of real time software primarily in Embedded C using PC based development environments and for a variety of target devices.
- Cover the full project life-cycle from initial feasibility studies, bench tests, capture of requirements, design, test, verification, release to production and post introduction support.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details
- Creation of test specifications and procedures to aide proper validation of products
- Works as part of a team and undertakes peer review of software as required
- Use of JIRA, TestRail and source control software to self-manage development tasks
- A responsibility to keep up to date with the latest technologies and help support differentiation of our products
- Works to gain an in-depth understanding of customer and user interaction with Loma’s products that can be fed into both development of products and continuous improvement program.
- Operates with a continuous improvement methodology, ensuring the appropriate processes, tools and techniques are developed and adopted
- Educated to at least degree level in Science or Engineering subject, preferably software based, and have at least 5-8 years’ experience in an appropriate engineering environment (capital equipment, instrumentation, machinery, aerospace, etc.)
- High level of expertise in embedded C and some experience of developing code for real time applications.
- Experience of application deployment, debugging and troubleshooting of an ARM based target
- Experience of implementing complex mathematical transformations
- Experience of using USB, Ethernet and other synchronous and asynchronous communication protocols
- Experience with IAR Development Environment
- Ability to analyse work and recommend scope required for testing
- Working knowledge of the full development cycle
- Highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills
- Good mental agility – can quickly learn new products and techniques
- Good communication and presentation skills, can interact well with both internal and external parties
- Advanced at creating clear and concise written documents and reports
- Good self-project management skills and able to own a project or sub-task
- Confident in facing a customer for requirements capture, delivery or ongoing support
- Strong Experience and technical proficiency in software tools and technology, including Microsoft Office, JIRA, Test Rail and source control software.
- A team player that will happily transfer knowledge to team members and other members of the organisation.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on short trips when required
• Master’s degree preferred
• Experience within food /pharmaceutical production/ packaging industry, or related
LOMA is a critical part of food safety and quality
Want to work for a company who protect the consumer whilst also having a highly commercial focus?
LOMA SYSTEMS is a premium worldwide manufacturer of inspection equipment, used to identify contaminants and product defects in the food and pharmaceutical industries. LOMA Systems has over 50 years of experience developing and installing equipment that ensures when products leave the factory they are contamination free, to the quality intended and safe for you as the consumer.
Our culture is hands-on
At Loma Systems every individual is encouraged to take the initiative to get things done, and you will have the opportunity be make a real impact. LOMA Systems’ parent company is Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value added consumables and speciality equipment. ITW live by a philosophy of autonomy and a decentralised culture. This unique relationship means Loma systems can offer a personalised experienced to each and every employee, whilst offering the career progression and stability that comes from working for a larger organisation.
At Loma and ITW we leverage the 80:20 principle in everything we do. Although we are serious about what we want to achieve and are agile in our nature, our culture is friendly and positive. If you have a proactive approach and want to make an impact, we want to hear from you.