Agency: Maitri is a non-profit agency in the San Francisco Bay Area whose vision is a society where all relationships are based on dignity, equity, and compassion. Maitri’s mission focused programs help provide critical services that empower south Asian survivors of domestic violence, and move the needle on prevention of abuse in the south Asian community and beyond.
Job Summary: Support and expand Maitri’s Outreach & Prevention Program. Responsibilities include coordination and implementation of Outreach and Prevention Program activities aiming to raise awareness of healthy relationships and gender equity. The associate will work as part of the Outreach & Prevention team to create campaigns, bring in participants, and assist in all community and youth engagement activities relevant to the prevention programs. The role requires a passion for the cause against gender-based violence, and motivation and enthusiasm to work with youth populations on factors that will prevent violence and enable healthy relationships.
- Conduct outreach activities including building/maintaining relationships with local institutions, CBOs, and other community stakeholders.
- Identify potential partners, community resources, and connections for further cultivation.
- Identify opportunities to gain organizational visibility through information booths, community presentations, Holiday Giving trees and other community events, and execute under the guidance of the supervisor
- Assist in design and organizing panel discussions including recruitment of panelists from youth and community members, to build awareness and education on topics that include bullying / misogyny/ gender inequality/ dating violence/ healthy partner relationships and issues related to Maitri’s work.
- Expand Maitri’s outreach in the youth community, through Maitri youth campaigns, attract and engage youth participants and volunteers for Maitri’s Prevention campaigns, and maintain a database of youth volunteers
- Build and sustain community relationships through in-person communication, phone, email, and webinars,
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with volunteers for community engagement activities, such as information booths, flier posting, and community engagement campaigns.
- Represent Maitri in community forums and stakeholder meetings as assigned.
- Build and foster internal working relationships with department staff and the entire staff team to maintain clear understanding of ongoing programmatic needs.
- Organize special events, which includes coordinating and/or managing staff, vendors, event planners, as well as partner agencies as needed.
Administrative / Other:
- Comply with all confidentiality requirements, ethical and legal obligations of the program and agency.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of records and timely reporting of activities undertaken including program outcomes, surveys, and others as needed.
- Compile and provide program data and reports as needed for projects and grants.
- Attend monthly staff and volunteer meetings to foster understanding and communication, and growth as a Maitri team member.
- Support all agency activities and events as needed.
- Uphold and maintain Maitri’s Leadership Principles Framework in all behaviors and interactions.
- Commitment to Maitri's mission and values.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with at least 2 years of experience working in prevention field especially with youth and young adults (preferably with communities of color).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking abilities required.
- Speaking a South Asian language will be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with current and prospective stake holders, volunteers, partner agencies, multi-cultural clients and colleagues on all levels.
- Must be strongly motivated to take initiative and working with youth independently to coordinate and engage them with Maitri campaigns and activities
- Proficient in creating outreach flyers and marketing emails using online marketing tools
- Social media handling, technology and audio-video editing skills will be a plus.
- Strong organizational skills in a complex, multi-tasking environment and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience developing and providing orientations and trainings.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as maintaining individual responsibilities to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Detail oriented, well organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when needed and to complete tasks on hand. Occasionally working on weekends and weeknights is a requirement.
- Ability to carry a booth box and banner to the events. (upto 20lbs).
- Work Authorization for USA required. Valid driver’s license and ability to use personal vehicle for transporting outreach collateral and materials to in-person events, as needed.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application. Please be ready to provide at least two references. A background check will be required to be completed prior to hiring. No phone calls please.
Maitri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We may be unable to respond to each email based on the volume of applications received.