Full Stack Developer
At MAJiK Systems, we believe in empowering manufacturers with information, tools, and confidence to help unlock their unrealized potential.
We develop, market, and provide innovative factory information solutions to monitor, analyze, and optimize production efficiency. We enable manufacturers to:
- Monitor production operations in real time
- Provide prioritized actionable information on performance
- Predict top problems and notify key people before they occur
- Increase productivity and reduce costs and wastes
What We’re Looking For:
We are growing rapidly and looking for someone passionate about full stack development with a basic understanding of networking. We work with some of the largest automotive and consumer packaged goods companies in the world to deliver cutting edge solutions to solve problems in their facilities.
If you share our passion for transforming manufacturing, want to make a difference, and are willing to do what it takes to be successful, we want you on our team!
What You’ll Work On:
As a Full Stack Developer, you will continue to build on our data analytics application, building microservices to analyze data, or building new applications with Electron to help people manage their IoT devices in the field. Ideally, you should have a strong interest in creating robust and reliable solutions to create immersive user experiences and writing scalable API services. Responsibilities include:
- Develop Microservices with Nest.js, GraphQL, Kafka, Redis
- Developing a Electron application using React to simplify remote support for IoT Devices
- Real-time data informatics, and creating immersive and interactive experiences with GraphQL, Apollo, or Relay
- Implementing responsive design techniques for Desktop and Mobile devices
- Design monitoring & notification infrastructure for IoT Devices
Why YOU Want to Work Here:
- You value being part of a passionate and motivated team
- You have an interest in doing meaningful work and seeing firsthand how your contributions are changing people’s lives
- You’re an active learner who is seeking a challenging but rewarding environment where you will learn and grow quickly
- You get excited about changing the face of manufacturing as we know it today and helping share our leading edge technology with companies such as Magna and Mother Parkers
- You appreciate flexible work hours and working remotely at least until Sept. 2021
What You Need To Succeed:
- Highly skilled in building applications in Node.js/React/Electron.js
- Demonstrated ability working with cloud providers such as Azure, GCP, or AWS and cloud deployment technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, and Docker
- A strong background in developing Microservices or Command Line Interface Programs in Typescript/Golang/C#/Java/Python/Bash
- Familiarity with networking protocols such as Modbus, Mqtt, Amqp and/or TCP is an asset
- Previous experience with Industrial Networking and/or mobile networking such as 3G is an asset
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent problem solving skills with a proven track record of dealing with ambiguity and still driving to a successful outcome
- Comfortable with taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Expertise in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Strong verbal and written skills and ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study
Why join MAJiK Systems?
MAJiK Systems was founded in 2013 and to this day, maintains a vibrant start-up feel and environment where everyone wears multiple hats and has the opportunity to contribute to the company’s ongoing success! We are a company made up of ambitious, innovative, funny, and strategic thinkers who continuously look for opportunities to grow personally and professionally - all while helping revolutionize the state of manufacturing. We also benefit from the reach and resources of a larger company through the strong partner network we have established.
If you are motivated by innovation and inspired by progress; consider joining MAJiK Systems. You can expect to learn and contribute a lot at MAJiK and help shape the direction of one of the largest industries on the planet!
Thank you for your interest in MAJiK however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Direct applicants only, please.
At MAJiK we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.