Join MARA and help us to revolutionize market research with our own NLP solution.
MARA supports companies in better understanding consumers by analyzing large amounts of textual data (e.g. customer reviews). Our algorithms identify the attributes that consumers care about and extract a context-specific sentiment. After our algorithms have analyzed thousands of reviews, we offer reporting dashboards that allow our users to gain deep consumer insights with little effort. Check out our website mara.solutions for more information as well as our defining values!
- As our scraping expert, you will be responsible for the entire MARA Solutions data platform from data extraction to structured storage of large volumes of text data.
- Develop custom scrapers to extract customer feedback from online shops, social networks, forums or location platforms.
- We will not build everything ourselves. If there is already a solid API out there, your task will be to integrate it into the data platform.
- Scheduling the execution of scraping runs will be part of your daily work as well as building a solid testing environment to assure high availability of scraping services.
- Create and improve processes, tools, and workflows with the goal of a resilient data architecture and high data quality.
- Optimize code and infrastructure to assure a scalable and cost-effective deployment
- 3 years of work experience as Python developer with focus on scraping and data engineering
- Very strong Python knowledge as well as passion for writing clean, modular, tested and well-documented code
- Practical experience in building scalable web scrapers (Scrapy knowledge is a plus)
- Identification and usage of public API endpoints
- Familiarity with strategies to bypass commonly used anti-crawling mechanisms
- Confident with Docker and experience in cloud deployment (AWS is a plus)
- Very good knowledge in SQL and optimization of queries and data schemas
- Solid understanding of git and collaborative software development
- Entrepreneurial minded, hands-on, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
- Challenging and diverse tasks and the opportunity to own and drive a crucial piece of our product
- Startup atmosphere with a very friendly way of working – we are looking for a colleague to finish the day with after-work activities from time to time
- Grow with us! With individual feedback sessions and learning journey, we will help you grow your knowledge and skill set
- Work in our amazing diverse team
- Create impact by solving challenging problems with smart people
- Work from anywhere. We will do everything do create a pleasant and motivating work environment for you – no matter where you want to work
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
Show us your skill challenge
We don’t want you to write a boring cover letter and hope answering this question is more interesting. Simply send us your answers together with your CV and references:
- What specific approach would you take when it comes to extracting the reviews from the following URL? https://bit.ly/3s4lcG3
Your application can just be considered after answering these questions.