We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Disney Melee Mania, we are looking for a scrappy and curious Growth Engineer who is passionate about building innovative solutions for our games. You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and have a growth mindset that is strongly driven by a scientific approach and data-based experiments to optimize the growth of our games.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the growth team to identify, experiment and implement features to increase growth in our games
- Empathize with users and comprehend their product usage patterns in depth
- Look at the user experience from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives
- Setup analytics tools and visualize collected data
- Know how to prioritize ideas and experiments
- Setup A/B testing, player personalisation and segmentation
- Integrating features from community messaging services like Discord, Reddit etc
- Improving system stability by following and encouraging best practices like agile development and test-driven development
- Contributing to the decisions that shape our games and the company by giving as well as receiving feedback
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- A strong passion for games and would love to create the next big hit
- A growth mindset that understands business KPIs and goals
- Interest in product and marketing
- Frontend and backend development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related fields
- 3+ years of building mobile/web applications, product management, user acquisition or marketing
- A high sense of quality and polish, and pride in the work that you deliver
- Excellent cross-function communication skills
- The ability to write clearly about technical and product-related subjects for non-technical audiences
- The ability to take tactical decisions and keep to a long term strategy
Experience or understanding of the following technologies is helpful to the position; the more the better, but expertise in all is not expected - on the job learning and training is highly supported.
- Customer engagement services - CleverTap / LeanPlum / Firebase
- Community messaging services API - Discord / Facebook / Bunch / Snapchat / Reddit
- Analytic software and methodology such as R and Python (libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, and SciPy)
- Microservices - Tracing / Service Discovery / Inter Service Messaging / Monitoring
- Containers - Docker / Kubernetes
- Using managed services listed above on AWS and/or Google Cloud
As a bonus, you would:
- Have experience working on a successful (>1M MAU) free-to-play game and exposure to engineering needs across the complete lifecycle.
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!