We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Butter Royale, we are looking for a highly experienced and talented Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about delivering the highest quality of service to our players whilst leading a team of Backend Engineers to develop our proprietary backend systems. You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and will work with us to build services that enhance the online experience for our players.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the roadmap for and working on our proprietary game server using Java or similar object-oriented server-side language
- Executing and implementing features for the product as well as to empower the team
- Improving system stability by following and encouraging best practices like agile development and test-driven development
- Leading and collaborating on system design
- Leading and participating in peer code reviews
- Contributing to the decisions that shape the products and the company by giving as well as receiving feedback
- Managing and mentoring a team of Engineers
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge with the Engineering team about cutting edge industry trends in software engineering, process and emerging technology, especially related to the backend
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related is strongly preferred
- 7+ years of development experience
- Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
- The experience to tackle or lead a team in any system or area of backend game development
- The ability to accurately lead, time estimate and plan backend development technical design, tasks and research those that cannot be estimated
- Good leadership and communications skills
Experience or understanding of the following technologies is helpful to the position; the more the better, but expertise in all is not expected - on the job learning and training is highly supported.
- Java 8
- TCP / UDP Sockets programming
- Microservices - Tracing / Service Discovery / Inter-Service Messaging / Monitoring
- Performant and scalable data - NoSQL / In-memory datastore
- Containers - Docker / Kubernetes
- Production experience with integration and stress testing
- Continuous Integration and Build Automation - Gradle / Ansible / Jenkins
- Automatic Monitoring and Maintenance - Unix / Bash / Prometheus / Grafana / ELK
- Using managed services listed above on AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Developing high volume and performance-critical services
- Experience with game engine - Unity / C#
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!