We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Butter Royale, we are looking for an experienced and skilled Senior Client Engineer who is passionate about building innovative solutions for our games. You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and will work with us to craft new and exciting experiences that our players would enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, iterating, and maintaining game systems and features in Unity3D and our proprietary game server
- Executing and implementing features for our games, and working on tools that empower the team
- Improving system stability by following and encouraging best practices like agile development and test-driven development
- Collaborating on system design
- Participating in peer code reviews
- Contributing to the decisions that shape our games and the company by giving as well as receiving feedback
- Communicating and solving mathematics and physics-based problems effectively
- Managing and mentoring a team of Engineers
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge with the engineering team about cutting edge industry trends in software engineering and process
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- A strong passion for games and would love to create the next big hit
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related fields
- 7+ years of development experience
- Experience with Unity3D, C#, and Java
- A strong working knowledge of development and tools for Android and iOS
- A high sense of quality and polish, and pride in the work that you deliver
- The experience to tackle or lead a team in any system or area of client side game development
- Good leadership and communication skills
Experience or understanding of the following technologies is helpful to the position; the more the better, but expertise in all is not expected - on the job learning and training is highly supported.
- Java 8
- TCP / UDP Sockets programming
- Microservices - Tracing / Service Discovery / Inter Service Messaging / Monitoring
- Performant and scalable data - NoSQL / In-memory datastore
- Containers - Docker / Kubernetes
- Production experience with integration and stress testing
- Continuous Integration and Build Automation - Gradle / Ansible / Jenkins
- Automatic Monitoring and Maintenance - Unix / Bash / Prometheus / Grafana / ELK
- Using managed services listed above on AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Developing high volume and performance critical services
As a bonus, you would:
- Have experience working on a successful (>1M MAU) free-to-play game and exposure to engineering needs across the complete lifecycle.
- Have the background to lead an engineering team in technical design, planning, task delegation and time estimation.
- Be knowledgeable about graphical aspects of game development including shaders.
- Have a strong understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques and optimization (CPU / GPU).
- Be able to use your experience to contribute significantly to our learning and development program for engineers
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!