We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Disney Melee Mania, we are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Game Designer who is passionate about crafting games that players love. You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and will work with us to design, build and operate commercially successful games that fulfill the company’s vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Coming up with well-documented designs and fun gameplay features for a breakthrough web3 or mobile game
- Collaborating closely with a product team that consists of programmers, artists, and developers
- Managing all creative aspects of the game from pitching ideas, to rapid prototyping, pre-production onto test markets, launch and beyond
- Working with the Product Manager to ensure the entire team is aligned on the vision and feels like they are contributing to the design
- Working with the Product Manager to help determine development scope priorities and adjustments
- Iterating, playtesting and taking in feedback from all sources in order to push the boundary of the game’s design and feature set and constantly validate the coherence and quality of the game
- Maintaining and sharing up to date knowledge on the latest trends in game design and trending content
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- Openness to web3 and a desire to create the games which will define the next decade of gaming
- Absolute passion for playing all types of games across multiple genres
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge of the mobile games industry and game design theory
- An excellent knowledge of monetization related to game design
- The eagerness to learn and adapt to the latest player trends
- The ability to define and articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions clearly
- Very strong analytical skills, expert knowledge of Excel
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design
As a bonus, you would:
- Have experience and knowledge of existing web3 products and technologies
- Be knowledgeable about NFTs and opportunities related to design
- Have shipped multiple games
- Have experience in a lead game design role
- Have extensive content and systems design experience, ideally as someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery
- Have prior experience in community, support, LiveOps, or QA
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs