We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Disney Melee Mania, we are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Product Manager who is passionate about crafting games that players love. Possessing visionary talent in game design and game culture, you also hold deep knowledge of live project management, human psychology, economics and are a well rounded leader in games.
You’ll illuminate the road ahead, leading the way with a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers to design, build, and operate commercially successful games that fulfil the company's vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the commercial and critical success of games
- Articulating and driving the original game vision, and translating the vision into design requirements, roadmaps and prototypes
- Communication and alignment with stakeholders (including the team and partners) on the game vision and business modelling
- Overseeing development and ensuring what's being created is in line with the vision at a competitive and high level of quality
- Working closely with the development team and Project Manager to ensure that the game ships on time as a high-quality experience
- Development and content risk management and mitigation. Evaluate, escalate and manage challenges in development and operations, including active re-scoping and prioritisation of activities
- Objective analysis of user and market data, and the ability to combine that with a strong sense of empathy for the user to derive relevant improvements for a live game
- Maintaining and sharing state of the art knowledge on the state of play in games and content trends.
- Maintaining a healthy and productive team throughout the product life cycle
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- An insatiable passion to lead the creation of the next big thing with an openness to web3 and a desire to create the games which will define the next decade of gaming
- A proven track record driving development and live operations for multiple games
- The ability to relate sincerely through innate knowledge to every discipline involved in mobile and web game development
- Exceptional leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- A deep knowledge of the games industry and the wider market for games/ mobile games, and a keen interest in related creative arts (music, film, literature, etc.)
- A working knowledge of development and tools for Android and iOS
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- The ability to think equally creatively, commercially and strategically
- An outlook wired to lead in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
As a bonus, you would:
- Experience and knowledge of existing web3 products and technologies
- Have experience working on a successful ($60m+ annual revenue) free-to-play game
- Be able to devise and present ideas for new games
- Have experience working with Unity 3D
- Have a deep knowledge or prior experience in one or more of Design, Art, Programming, Project Management, or Quality Assurance.
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!