We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Disney Melee Mania, we are looking for a talented and versatile Real-time Senior Visual Effects Artist who is passionate about sparkles and explosions! You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and will work with us to craft new and exciting experiences that our players would enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Working closely with our Senior 2D artist to develop Visual language and concepts for VFX
- Create and implement dynamic and compelling real-time effects animations, simulations, particle systems and shaders that meet all aesthetic, design and technical requirements for the project
- Collaborating with artists and programmers, ensure that VFX design and implementation meets run-time and performance budgeting requirements
- Maintaining and developing the efficiency of our workflow, content pipelines, and tools for VFX development. Work closely with technical artists to identify and develop new systems and tools when beneficial.
- Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews
- Strive to continually raise the bar for quality, efficiency and adaptability
- Keep up with industry trends and new real-time tools/workflows; contribute to improving and advancing workflows and inspire others through sharing knowledge
- Develop creative solutions to complex production issues and technical challenges, prioritising and resolving bugs and clearing obstacles
As a Successful Candidate, You Would Have:
- Proficiency in real-time and interactive production workflows, tools, particle systems, lighting, texture painting, texture/UV animation, UV layout, engine parameters/optimizations, material setup, and procedural animation
- Experience using Unity3D, Photoshop and Maya to create real-time VFX
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- Experience creating and using real-time shaders
- Strong artistic & technical problem-solving skills, able to adapt and learn new processes and technical skills
- Comfortable 'wearing a few different hats' in a dynamic, small-to-medium sized team environment
- Proven expertise of working with art teams and leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience as a VFX Artist and have shipped multiple titles on mobile or handheld.
As a Bonus, You Would Have
- Professional experience with dynamics and simulations packages: Houdini, Real Flow, FumeFX, etc.
- Passion for playing and making games
- 3D Animation experience
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!