Work With Us
Project Manager for an Innovative eLearning Company
A crucial role in our business is the management of our client projects, and driving them forward to completion on time, under budget, and with world-class quality.
Main goal: Delivering every project on time within budget and scope whilst getting the best out of the people and projects that you oversee and thriving when planning projects and working with project teams.
As an operations / project manager you are responsible for helping us manage all our active client projects, as well as helping us drive forward continuous improvement on all sides of our organization that your position touches.
Your job as a project manager will be to ensure all communication, deadlines, questions, and processes are flowing during the month of each account.
Communication + Deadlines are the most crucial part of your job.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Organizing client projects in Basecamp with accurate task descriptions, notes and due dates.
- Providing clients with weekly status reports on their project.
- Providing internal status updates to the Head of Operations.
- Accurately answering client questions in a timely manner.
- Proactively reaching out to clients to keep them on schedule.
- Assisting the project team in gathering relevant information and materials from clients.
- Providing quality assurance for main project deliverables.
- Creating templates and processes to help drive automation of the items that you resolve (to apply to all future similar circumstances)
- Going above and beyond to make our clients raving fans! (by sending them personalized gifts for example)
- Kickoff calls with clients to explain how the project is going to work, as well as check-in calls with clients during the project
- Invoicing clients
- Troubleshooting calls with clients, as needed
- Helping out in various ares as needed (we all where a couple different hats here
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
You've got what it takes if you:
- Are an excellent problem-solver.
- Are relationship-oriented and focused on helping others.
- Have a can-do attitude. Ok, I know that is a cheesy way of saying it. But basically, if you don't know how to do something your default response should be "I don't know but I'll figure it out ASAP".
- Have fluent / perfect English. We only hire 100% fluent English speakers. It can be your second language (it is for several people on our team), but it needs to be damn good because we are a distributed team, so ultra clear communication is essential.
- Have a passion for online courses, education, learning, teaching, and helping people.
- Have a drive to learn. Due to the nature of this job it is essential that you have the perspective and drive to learn anything you need to learn.
- Have a great attitude. You must have an amazing attitude and be able to perform at your best even if you are jet-lagged, stressed, and confused about what you should be doing. *Deep breath, ok, what do I need to do next?*. If you need to be told what to do on a daily basis, this is not for you. You will need to have ownership of the things you do once you are trained on how to do them.
- Are insanely dependable. There is a lot more to this position than existing skills. Dependability and responsiveness is more important to us than anything. On a scale of 1 to 10, we’d take a dependable apprentice with a good attitude who is a 7 in terms of skills over an unresponsive apprentice with a bad attitude who is a 10 any day.
- Are very organized and never miss deadlines or important details.
- Have superlative attention to detail. Our programs rely heavily on your work. We’ll count on you to surface and resolve issues along the way, as the integrity of your final product must be unquestionable.
- Impeccable integrity
- Clear and concise communication, both written and spoken.
- Extremely organized, especially when balancing multiple work streams.
- High degree of empathy.
- Experience with project management software.
- Proactive problem solving skills essential.
- The ability to work fast and accurately under timelines.
- Experience with Google Apps, Keynote, video editing tools, marketing strategies / tools are all a huge plus
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
Project managers should ideally have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
People who would probably not find this opportunity interesting or rewarding:
- People who only check their email once a week and respond to it once a month.
- People who say they will do something by tomorrow but then deliver it next week.
- People who are passive-aggressive or uncomfortable communicating directly.
- People who can only do work "when they feel inspired".
- People in it just for the money. This is for someone growth-oriented.
- Those who half-ass things. Everyone on our team works really, really hard. Yet we do it with autonomy and because we inherently enjoy doing great work.
Compensation and Career
Starts part-time at $1,200 USD / month
Note: final compensation dependent on experience and the final scope of work associated with your role, as we match the various needs our organization has with your particular skill sets.
If you can help us grow faster, you will benefit accordingly.
We are looking for someone to help us grow this company in a long-term position. We are rapidly growing (approximately 100% growth per year) and we hope that you will grow with us.
This is a part-time position, at least to start. If things go well, this can become a full-time opportunity within 3-6 months, depending on performance.
Based out of Buffalo, Wyoming, but this is a remote position.
The experience of working with us:
“Working with MYE has been a great experience. Not only do I get to work from home and on my own time–which has also taught me a lot of self-motivation and time management–but I’ve also learned what it’s like to start your own business, and how to best go about it. Grant’s also super kind, flexible, and he helps/teaches you as much as possible so that you get as much out of the experience as possible.” – Digne
Who We Are
Monetize Your Expertise (aka MYE) is a course production company - we create online courses and training for people and companies by doing all of the heavy lifting for them. Rather than running in circles for 6-12 months or more, trying to figure out how to build an online course, we do it for them. It only ends up taking a few hours of their time, and the result is world-class!
All our clients have to do is show up on a series of interview calls with us, and then take a few hours to record the audio from an outline we provide to them, and we do the rest. It takes them about 25 hours total (instead of 12 months) and we do all the work outlining their course, incorporating any other materials they might have, creating slides, worksheets, quizzes and more, editing the videos into a finished course, setting it all up onto a learning management system (LMS) and marketing the course to generate revenue for them.
What We Offer
1. WORK WITH A FAST-GROWING BUSINESS
This position is a great opportunity to get the “behind the scenes” look inside a fast-growing business (course production company) with a great team.
2. WORK AUTONOMOUSLY
If you can deliver on expectations, you will have ample opportunity to work on your own terms (as long as you continuously deliver results)
3. MASSIVE LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
Plenty of training available. If you’re interested in getting your hands into other parts of the business, we're happy to help you develop new skills.
In fact, we have access to an entire massive library of courses from past projects that you can learn from (upwards of $50,000 worth of courses that you will get access to).
4. ROOM FOR GROWTH
For a qualified individual, there is room for growth in the company.
If your primary focus is getting this position just to make money, then this probably isn’t a great fit (there are certainly faster and easier ways to make a quick buck - it's more about happiness, impact and doing something great).
However, if you are interested in learning a ton, doing great work, working with super cool people and serving extremely interesting and varied clients (while also being compensated), then this is for you.
We are a team of people who all deeply care about doing good work, helping each other, and helping our clients. The work style of the team is pretty independent - we make sure everyone has what they need to do a great job and then everyone goes off and does deep work.
MYE doesn't try to grow as fast as possible, or make as much money as possible, or slave-drive employees. We value growth and learning and well-rounded life. You can work in the way that is best for you, as long as you produce amazing results for our clients.
The most important thing - this isn't just a job. You are becoming part of the "team" for our company. This means that we don't want someone to just clock in and clock out, and do the bare minimum just to get paid. We need you to actually care about what we do as a company, want to help us grow and improve.
Basically, if you just want to show up, (barely) get the work done, and go home, this is not for you.
If you will be excited to do the work, bringing with you tons of ideas for how the company can grow and do better... if you're pumped to think about where we are headed as a company, and seeing this opportunity as an investment in growing something greater than yourself, then you are our type of person.
Next steps / hiring process
- Please fill out the application from this page
- We will screen applications, and then set up a screener interview
- After that, we assign a test task please make sure you are up for this before applying
- If you pass the test task, we do a final interview
- If you pass the final interview, we set up a real (paid) trial period / trial project (about 1 month)
- At the end of the period, if you perform well you will receive an offer for long-term employment
How To Apply
- Click the "Apply Now" button (top right or at the bottom)
- Answer the application questions
- While the headline is optional we prioritize applications that answer this question - we suggest you answer this with a one-line description of your position and the type of work that you do
- The application system requires a resume / CV. If you do not have a formal resume, we recommend attaching a work-sample that best illustrates the type of work you can do, which best illustrates your ability to perform the type of work described in this role. In fact, we also prioritize applications that include work-samples, as your ability to show you can do the work helps us make the decision to hire you with more confidence more so than what your degree is in. If you would like to include both, you can attach 1 file and include a link in your cover letter to the others.
- While a cover letter is not mandatory (and attaching some generic vague cover letter will not aide your application) we do recommend using this space to explore the answer to these questions: "How could you prove that you can do the work described in this position? If you were hiring for this position, and had 999 other applicants, would YOU confidently hire hire yourself? Why or why not?" (be honest)