native is a game-changing marketplace of experiences twinned with a SaaS platform, revolutionising the student experience and student economy for Students, Students' Unions and Advertisers.
Our marketplace of experiences supercharges the university experience for students with an intuitive discovery platform for both native's own proprietary concert touring as well as all other experiences across SUs.
Our student advertising platform unifies the student advertising landscape, making it easy for advertisers like GoPuff, Converse and BBC Radio 1 connect with student consumers at scale, while providing additional commercial income for SUs.
Inspired by the founder's desire to help students have the best time at university, native truly enriches the lives of students as well as enabling SUs' to reach their potential. It’s what we call the native win-win-win.
As a result of our incredible success and growth, we are looking for an experienced B2B Editor to join a small Marketing team. You’ll be empowered to contribute to the B2B marketing strategy, driving forward the content strategy and creating content for full-funnel initiatives across our two key audiences; Students’ Unions and Advertisers.
Reporting into the Marketing Lead, the job involves:
- Working with Marketing Lead to define editorial processes and tone of voice for the company to generate insights for content.
- Keeping abreast of industry - and student led - trends, and able to turn them into stories and snippets for our content and internal teams.
- Owning the B2B content strategy and calendar, writing content for Students’ Union and Advertiser personas, at all stages of the marketing funnel.
- Writing and editing content for multiple mediums. Primarily the website, email, social platforms, events and also product assets like sales decks and case studies.
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts and external thought leaders.
- Occasionally support B2C content creation.
- Build and maintain an insights library - drawing together first party student data from our platform, and third-party research.
- Working knowledge of the principles of SEO and able to use keyword research to optimise current and future onpage content for search.
💼 Experienced in writing for senior B2B audiences. With 5 or more years under your belt writing for either marketing/advertising personas or charity/ Students’ Union teams - both are a bonus.
✨ Have a genuine interest in Gen Z/student trends, and are driven by helping students to have the best university experience possible.
🤓 Proactive in your approach to researching industry trends - marketing and advertising, higher education, events, technology, student culture and engagement – and turning this research into a content strategy.
📈 Data led and able to identify trends from research to develop engaging hooks and angles that resonate with our target audience.
✍️ A confident writer with the ability to ‘switch hats’ to engage and embody multiple audience personas.
💻Competent with using a CMS and SEO tools. Wordpress experience is a bonus.
🎤 Fantastic communicator with strong relationship-building skills - you’ll be required to provide guidance to the wider marketing team and business to adapt and apply our tone of voice depending on audience and purpose. You’ll also be working closely with Sales and subject matter experts within the business.
- We have 25 days + bank holidays for most roles, plus a company-wide Christmas shutdown of around 7 days
- We are happy for you to work abroad for periods of time, adding on time to holidays so you can travel further away or work in another country
- We give you all the kit you need to work from home
- We have a monthly wellbeing budget & eyecare budget
- We are rolling out share options for everyone