Native is a technology and media company; dedicated to the mission of maximising students' university experience. Our core objective is to provide brands and advertisers with multimedia access to the entire student population via a unified platform. Leading brands, agencies and event organisers place their trust in Native to bring their content and products to life in the student arena.
We further enhance the student journey by building innovative products to help unions support their population and for students to maximise their opportunities, while also bringing fresh content to campus through our own event programme.
As the COO, you'll work hand-in-hand with the CEO and Executive Team to turn visionary strategies into practical realities. You’ll sit across multiple departments, looking after Operations, People and Finance. You’ll lead these teams, further culture and drive functional development as we scale our proposition to student unions, advertisers and students. We’re looking for an experienced generalist, but we are particularly keen to speak to accomplished people leaders, with passion for visionary and inspirational leadership, who are adept at mobilising teams around the vision.
What you’ll be working on:
- People, Culture and Organisational Leadership:
- Oversee the People function towards its mission for organisational excellence, high engagement, as well as a competitive employer brand.
- Foster a positive, inclusive and high-performing workplace culture that aligns with the company's values and mission..
- Develop and execute talent acquisition and retention strategies to attract top-tier talent.
- Implement effective performance management processes, feedback systems, and employee development initiatives.
- Drive initiatives that enhance employee engagement, satisfaction, and overall well-being.
- Work with senior stakeholders to optimise and develop organisational health.
- Financial Leadership
- Oversee financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting to ensure optimal resource allocation and alignment with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop financial strategies that support both short-term operational needs and long-term growth goals.
- Monitor financial performance and KPIs, providing actionable insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Manage relationships with external financial partners, investors, and stakeholders, ensuring transparent and accurate reporting.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO and other executives to shape and execute the company's overall business strategy.
- Proactively align the company with strategy, through effective OKR management and other endeavours.
- Develop a data-driven culture and increase the business’ capacity to consume and leverage data.
- Participate in the development of product and market expansion strategies, leveraging your expertise in finance and operations.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a proven track record of success in senior general or commercial management.
- Is a people-first leader with strengths in organisational and culture development.
- Has ample experience being responsible for a Finance function, and owning a P&L.
- Is comfortable owning other operations functions such as Data, Revops, Biz Ops etc.
- Will have led operations through rapid headcount growth (50 to 100+).
- Should have experience in the management of people and resources, and demonstrate success leading large, complex projects across teams or organisations.