About the company
native is a game-changing marketplace of experiences twinned with a SaaS platform, revolutionising the student experience & student economy for brands, students and Students' Unions (SUs') alike.
Our marketplace of experiences supercharges the university experience for students with an intuitive discovery platform for both native's own proprietary concert touring as well as all other experiences across SUs.
Our SaaS platform powers all student transactions across the entire campus micro economy providing an additional commercial arm for SUs' by stimulating their own entrepreneurship and commercial activities.
Inspired by the founder's desire to help students have the best time at university, native is truly a revelation that enriches the lives of students as well as enabling SUs' to reach their potential.
We’re looking for a seasoned events leader with a track record of success in developing and delivering stellar live music and electronic music shows to head up our events business.
You will have a background of P&L ownership, overseeing talent booking, venue operations and event operations, leading teams to produce large-scale events. You are entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, well organised with a passion for problem solving, meticulous planning and creativity.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Oversee the growth of three key services across 50+ SUs'
1- native’s proprietary events within which you will oversee 100-200 shows a year as well as a similar number of talks in lecture halls
2- native’s Events As A Service from which we will execute flagship events on behalf of SUs such as summer festivals
3- Talent booking - booking at least 100 acts per year for University events
- Head up our entire events business. You’ll build out executional plans/playbooks, schedules, protocols and checklists for our UK-wide events programmes, enabling native to become the number one student promoter in Britain, synonymous with quality and more importantly - fun
- You’ll be responsible for delivering a best-in-class experience for thousands of students every week, measured by customer satisfaction / NPS as well as consistently delivering to revenue targets
- Build native’s reputation amongst artists, agents and managers as a reliable partner to build their following amongst students and deliver incredible shows that elevate their brand as well as native’s
- Stay ahead of the curve with trends, ensuring native becomes the go-to promoter for the student market in the UK
- Ensure native’s shows are renowned for production value from a visual and audio standpoint as well as a smooth operation with minimal friction for customers
- Build relationships with local authorities such as councils and police licensing to ensure native becomes a reliable trusted partner that can bring extraordinary events across multiple towns and cities.
- Lead a team who will own the execution of everything from talent booking to venue liaison and management and event production
- Mentor and manage a group of seasoned event managers. Ensure every event is fully resourced in time, assigning new events to the most appropriate team members, and building out your team where necessary
- Build and maintain stellar relationships with venues, vendors and independent contractors in multiple cities.
- Oversee budgets for our UK-wide events programmes, overseeing Event Managers with budgets, consulting on P&L and itinerary development
- Build fruitful cross functional relationships across the business, particularly with our Customer Success team who are the guardians of our relationships with SUs
- Oversee post-event reporting for your team’s events to share insights, learnings, and recommendations for the artist, customer, venue and staff experience
- We have 25 days + bank holidays for most roles, PLUS a company-wide Christmas shutdown of around 7-10 days
- We benchmark salaries consistently and have just launched clear frameworks for progression
- We are happy for you to work abroad for short periods, adding on time to holidays so you can travel further away or work in another country
- We give you all the kit you need to work from home
- We have a monthly wellbeing budget
- We are rolling out share options for everyone