native is a platform that connects students with amazing experiences, built out of a passion to help students have the best time at university and empower campus culture. We bring high quality virtual and IRL events to campuses across the UK and Ireland, whilst supporting SUs’ with powerful engagement tools.
Global brands & event organisers trust our platform to bring their events and content on to campus, and we’re proud to help support our SU partners with valuable marketing revenues and partnerships which their members feel truly engaged with.
About the Role:
We are looking to hire a Sales Leader who will oversee the promotion of our brand. You will be responsible for leading a sales team but also manage your own pipeline so we are looking for both a leader and a go-getter! The main focuses as Head of Sales are selling our SaaS solution to Students' Unions, dealing with media buy out, and partnering with SUs' as their external commercial arm. We expect you to have had experience in a sales leadership role, be extremely confident and comfortable with commercial reporting and the ability to problem solve. As we are a start up in nature and culture, you must be comfortable with change and ambiguity.
We are currently mostly remote with an office space in Old St that we tend to get together in once a week. We are pretty flexible on this but do ask that you are UK based and within commutable London distance. There will be travel nationwide required in this role from time to time.
Due to the volume of applicants it is essential to send a cover letter for this role.
What you will be doing
- Be a player and a coach. Mentor your team and build a culture of insight and excellence
- This is a partnership sales role with high seasonality and long sales cycles, so ideally you have experience in a similar role and environment
- Lead the sales for partnership contracts for our events platform and media buyout product to Students’ Unions
- Identify prospects and market opportunities, manage lead generation, validation and outreach
- Deliver new business pitches, build costings and commercial proposals
- Create strategic partnerships with commercial partners
- Support SU proposition strategy to ensure that product development meets market needs
- Be responsible for reporting KPIs to the leadership team, and as the time comes help own strategy and direction for your team
- Work cross functionally on business wide projects
What we are looking for
- A clear understanding with hands on experience of selling SaaS/Product in a tech start up/scale up environment
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and creative - you are comfortable creating something from nothing
- Driven and ambitious with a passion for building process and looking at continuous improvement
- Highly commercial with a talent for proposition building and deal making
- Skilled in market development and able to contribute to broader business strategy
- Able to run a department P&L and build business cases to demonstrate ROI
- Confident in pitching and negotiating
- Expert in building and growing client relationships
- Proven success at leading a sales team and delivering B2B growth
- Understanding of SUs’ sector operations and commercials is a big bonus, alongside a knowledge of the Higher Education sector and a passion for student experience (but not essential!)
Why will you want to join us:
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic start-up at an early stage. We’re building a fantastic team of creative and driven individuals who love what they do.
We know you may not tick every box, but are open to hearing from you if you've got real potential and drive to learn & grow.
- We have 25 days + bank holidays for most roles, PLUS a company-wide Christmas shutdown of around 7-10 days
- We benchmark salaries consistently, and have just launched clear frameworks for progression
- We are happy for you to work abroad for short periods, adding on time to holidays so you can travel further away or work in another country
- We give you all the kit you need to work from home
- We have a monthly wellbeing budget
- We are rolling out share options for everyone