native is a platform that connects students with amazing experiences, built out of a passion for helping students have the best time at university and empower campus culture. We bring high quality virtual and IRL events to campuses across the UK and Ireland whilst supporting SUs’ with powerful engagement tools.
Global brands & event organisers trust our platform to bring their events and content onto campus, and we’re proud to help support our SU partners with valuable marketing revenues and partnerships which their members feel truly engaged with.
About the role
To support the native group with its mission to revolutionize how Students' Union media is managed, promoted and executed at Universities across the UK. native and Crowd work in partnership to deliver outsourced media sales management to 30+ student organisations representing over 600,000 students. The sector is somewhat fragmented, making it challenging for big brands and media agencies to invest budgets where there are more accessible routes to use. The Media Improvement Manager is a crucial role aimed at working collaboratively with our partners and other colleagues across the group to improve all aspects of campus media for the benefit of all.
This is a full time, Mon-Fri, and needs to be within easy commutable distance from our office in Old St, London and the Crowd Agency Office in Milton Keynes. We are very flexible on remote working but must be flexible on travel to the offices twice a week. There will also be national travel requirements
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting SU partners to improve the quality of their existing media opportunities
- Standardising how media channels are packaged and sold across all partners
- Building a portfolio of photos, site maps and information aimed at making the experiential media sales process more efficient
- Identifying opportunities for SU partners to introduce new media channels
- Supporting SU partners to measure and report more effectively on the performance, impact and value of their media
- Ensuring that performance metrics are visible and able to be used by the media sales team when liaising with brands and clients
- Organise partner events aimed at supporting unions to share good practices and improve their offering
- Working with the media sales team to ensure the software platform used for media bookings is populated with the most up to date inventory
- Liaising with the media sales and design team to ensure they have accurate and up to date media packs
- Work with senior management to make recommendations as part of the SU partner contract renegotiation process.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Must have an understanding of different media channels, both online and offline
- Must be an analytical thinker able to critically evaluate large amounts of information and accurately make sense of it
- Must have demonstrable experience in building solid relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Must be an excellent communicator and able to convey information in a meaningful way
Desired Experience and Skills
- You will ideally have some knowledge of Students' Unions and their media offering
- You will be confident in project management
- Some experience in CRM/media database management
Why work for us?
- We genuinely celebrate flexibility with working - whether it's traveling, holidays, parental leave or working hours, we try to have a healthy approach to looking after yourself, including a wellbeing budget and positive sickness policies
- 25 days as standard plus bank hols, additional Christmas time off as a team, plus your birthday
- Our team are sociable, and we are currently part way through the Taskmaster challenges book as an example of our internal events
- You get a mac or a windows laptop, and we set you up for WFH with the kit you need
- We have events happening nationwide that you can get involved with
- Dog-friendly office