Native is a platform designed to connect students with amazing experiences whilst at university, revolutionising the student experience and student economy for students, Students' Unions and advertisers.
Over the past 18-months, we have built long-term partnerships with 75+ Students’ Unions - three in four of which have trusted native exclusively with their media rights.
We’re well on the way to unify and streamline on-and-offline media channels to give advertisers, like Burger King, GoPuff and Odeon, frictionless access to 2.66 million students - and unlock additional revenues for Students' Unions to reinvest in the student experience. It’s what we call the native win-win-win.
The role will be a senior member of the media sales team providing support to the Media Director in ensuring we maximise the profitability of new accounts, alongside delivering a leading service for all of our partners.
You will be responsible for managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through negotiations to close.We care deeply about our customers and are committed to providing them with the best service and experience. We're looking for someone who can understand customer needs, build trust and create lasting relationships.You will work closely with internal departments to deliver best in class solutions for a range of clients from various sectors.
You will continuously demonstrate a hunter sales mentality and will look to over-deliver on monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with the Media Director in identifying new business opportunities
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as marketing, insight and sales team
- Manage and upsell your own portfolio of accounts and deal promptly with all bookings placed within your Students’ Union, keeping media schedules up to date and ensuring each Students’ Union knows what media they have to place
- Seek out opportunities to retain, upsell and cross sell media to maximise revenue opportunities
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure all bookings are invoiced correctly
- Ensure all admin systems are updated and accurate including within the CRM system; project management software and media scheduling platforms
- Produce regular reports to the Director to feedback on campaigns and their performance
Experience and Skills - Essential
- Demonstrable experience/track record as a top performing new business sales leader/hunter
- Proven track record in new business. Can identify new revenue opportunities and maximise product potential
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Keep Customer information/records up to date such as interactions, transactions, pipelines, new business account plans and record accordingly
- Proactively develop yourself, keep abreast of the changing business/industry landscape.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in written format
- Comfortable building strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- You will thrive on working to targets and will be able to confidently negotiate with clients to identify new opportunities and maximise sales revenue
- You will be resilient and able to deal with setbacks and present alternative solutions to problems
Experience and Skills - Desirable
- You will ideally have Brand and Advertising agency experience
- A proven track record of high sales performance in a fast paced environment
- You will have experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM platform
Why will you want to join us:
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic start-up at an early stage. We’re building a fantastic team of creative and driven individuals who love what they do. We know you may not tick every box, but are open to hearing from you if you've got real potential and drive to learn & grow.
- We have 25 days + bank holidays for most roles, PLUS a company-wide Christmas shutdown of around 7-10 days
- We benchmark salaries consistently, and have just launched clear frameworks for progression
- We are happy for you to work abroad for short periods, adding on time to holidays so you can travel further away or work in another country
- We give you all the kit you need to work from home
- We have a monthly wellbeing budget
- We are rolling out share options for everyone