About the role
NEDonBoard is looking to add capacity to its business development team and offers a full-time role for a confident, committed, and enthusiastic sales professional comfortable dealing with senior business leaders, non-executive directors, and chairs, generating leads, and converting them and aligned with our mission. This role will be performed remotely with a fixed salary and variable commissions (uncapped).
Our community comprises executive professionals during their careers at the board level and experienced non-executive directors or board members.
NEDonBoard is a purpose-driven organisation. We promote modern and contemporary business governance practices for effective board decision-making and the sustainable success of organisations.
We are an approved professional membership body and institute. We deliver high-quality modern, contemporary, independent, and actionable board content to our members and clients.
The Institute maintains the oversight of the knowledge, skills, conduct, and practice of non-executive directors and board members.
Our training courses and membership deliver outcomes aligned with (or exceeding) clients’ aspirations, expectations, and objectives.
Our status, products, and services, underpinned by our operating values and ethical standards, position us as the leader in the competitive industry of serving board of directors. Read on if you want to take an active part in a high-growth business forum and educational story. NEDonBoard was awarded the best non-executive directors organisation in 2020.
You have a strong personality and great personal power. You can easily receive rejection whilst building and maintaining good relationships with prospective attendees and members.
You have empathy and a warm and engaging personality. You put yourself in other people’s positions and understand their points of view.
You are a good listener to understand the needs of those you speak with and identify suitable products and services that will deliver the outcomes sought by prospective members and clients.
You are entrepreneurial, ambitious, persistent and results-oriented. You master sales and closing techniques and have high ethical and professional standards. You love to reach your objectives and call clients.
You must be a team player and provide constructive feedback to improve and enhance the NEDonBoard products and services.
What the role entails
- Promptly reach leads generated by our marketing team by phone/video calls
- Promptly follow up on warm leads to convert interest into sales
- Generate your leads using the resources made available to you by the NEDonBoard team
- Identify what each individual you speak with is looking to achieve
- Establish warm and ongoing relationships with members and prospective members
- Translate individuals' objectives into a product or service offered by NEDonBoard
- Maintain outreach database with accurate and up-to-date information on prospects and clients
- Reach KPIs assigned to you
- Communicate updates with team members daily (accuracy and timeliness are essential)
- Positively engage with team members remotely and in-person
- Attend team and sales meetings as directed by the NEDonBoard senior executive team
- Be an ambassador of NEDonBoard, representing us positively and professionally at all times
- Be knowledgeable about NEDonBoard's mission, value proposition, products and services
- Fully adhere to the NEDonBoard operating principles
- Go the extra mile to support the NEDonBoard members, even if a sale is unlikely or has been completed. NEDonBoard is a membership organisation with an excellent reputation in our marketplace and grows mainly by referrals. It is known for the successes of its members.
Required experiences and skills
- Business development experience selling membership, digital products, services or professional qualifications
- Proven track record within the B2B or B2C spheres
- Customer services skills
Desirable experiences and skills
- Good use of CRM
- Sales experience in a membership organisation or professional membership body
Why join NEDonBoard
- Uncapped commission percentage
- Well-established remote work environment
- Young, dynamic, and professional team
- High ethos and purpose-driven organisation
- Daily interactions with senior business leaders, high-profile consultants, CEOs and other C-suite professionals, founders, non-executive directors and chairs
- Potential to build your empire within our fast-growing organisation
NEDonBoard operating values:
- Integrity and professionalism.
- We deliver our best in what we do. NEDonBoard serves the interests of the community of non-executive directors and board members.
- We hold ourselves accountable for results such as the delivery of topical, modern, contemporary, independent, and actionable content for boards, non-executive directors and board members (to the same extent, board members are accountable to organisations’ shareholders and other stakeholders).
- We are socially and environmentally responsible and promote diversity of thinking and innovation for the sustainable success of organisations we serve through their board members.
- We operate an inclusive organisation where all professionals committed to contributing their knowledge and skills to the boards of organisations and the community of board members are welcome.
Note: Please do not apply if you are not an overachiever and top producer and can not prove it. We would love to hear from you if you can prove that you are an overachiever and top producer.