About the role
NEDonBoard is excited to bring a senior growth specialist into our team to lead the growth of and scale up our current and future marketing/sales funnels.
Currently primarily active in the UK, we have global and huge ambitions for our operations, so it is a fantastic opportunity to join us in a role pivotal for NEDonBoard growth.
Having outstanding marketing/sales funnels is essential for the growth of our current and future products. You will be in charge of everything from the day-to-day design, implementation, testing, optimisation, and growth of our funnels, to (re)imagining and (re)designing entire funnels for existing and future products, and everything in between.
The senior growth marketing role is a full-time role to be performed remotely, with unfrequent travel to meet with members/clients and the senior executive team.
The role is remunerated in the £40-75k range per annum – reflecting the level of experience and proven track record, with a profit-share to be implemented within 3 to 6 months reflecting the revenue growth achieved in the first few months into the role.
NEDonBoard is a purpose-driven organisation. We upskill decision-makers that have responsibility over the strategic direction of businesses for long-term sustainable positive change. We do this by promoting modern and contemporary business governance practices for effective board decision-making for good.
NEDonBoard is a UK professional membership body and an institute. We offer membership (annual subscription to access our community, events, jobs and other benefits) and training courses to professionals aspiring to the boardroom and more experienced board members. We deliver high-quality, modern, contemporary, independent, and actionable board content to our members and clients, both through our membership and training courses and outcomes aligned with (or exceeding) clients’ aspirations, expectations, and objectives and beyond. We upskill decision-makers that have responsibility over the strategic direction of businesses for long-term sustainable positive change.
Headquartered in London, NEDonBoard team members work remotely across several geographies and uses various tech tools for effective communication and team working. With a contemporary ethos, we have global ambitions and prospects. If you want to play a prominent role in driving the growth of a purpose-driven organisation, read on.
You will have the opportunity to make a big impact on a nimble team with all the excitement of working on a newly launched product—backed by an institute that is stable and profitable.
You are entrepreneurial, ambitious, and excited to join a rapidly growing organisation as one of the first hires of a commercial spin-off of a well-established Institute. Persistent, you are laser-focused on results, detail-oriented while able to zoom out and think strategically. You are a self-starter, pro-active, fast-learner and independent.
Marketing funnel ownership: you will own the end-to-end of our funnels for all products. This means you are responsible for everything operating not only smoothly, but optimally for continuous growth and scale. At a tactical level, this means you are responsible for all landing pages, emails automation, webinars, lead magnets, etc. and means you will work on ads for every step of the funnel. Your main responsibility will be to drive traffic to these funnels.
Funnel building: you are responsible for building out new funnels for new and existing products. This might mean you are testing a different type of funnel for an existing product to see if it converts better or creating a new funnel from scratch for a new product we launch.
Segmentation and automation: you will be responsible for creating segmented funnels for different types of customers. For example, the funnel for aspiring non-executive directors will look completely different to the funnel for recently appointed board directors or more experienced board members. You will be in charge of designing and implementing these funnels, and continually looking for areas of improvement/growth. You will also be in charge of all automation across all products, which will involve building out complex sequences to support your funnels for different personas.
Exploration and prioritisation: a big part of your role will be exploring new/better ways of increasing our revenue through optimised funnels. This might involve testing custom funnels/messaging for different personas, for example. To do this effectively, you will need to be adept at prioritising and focusing your efforts based on impact/effort and should be confident in making strategic decisions around where to spend your energy and our ad budget based on the biggest areas of opportunity.
Customer lifetime value optimisation: you will maximise our customer lifetime value by ensuring we have clear pathways and upsell funnels between all of our products, and clear, compelling messaging across the board.
Funnel analytics: you will be the person responsible for funnel reporting. You will create and maintain an easy way to quickly gather data in real-time from each funnel step. You will share these numbers with the team in our weekly meeting and you’re always aware of increases and decreases and can share learnings from the tactics that caused these changes.
What success looks like for this role:
Success for this role means you are continually bringing new customers in our funnel and improving the conversion rate of every step of all our existing and future funnels, and in turn our revenue is increasing and we are meeting our targets.
Alongside this, you will be strategising and building out new high-converting funnels and testing and optimising them for maximum success.
Your success will be measured by your ability to achieve the above. To do this you will need to balance short term tactics (to get us on the trajectory for these goals right away) with a longer-term strategy
Some examples of projects you might work on:
• You will begin your role by assessing every step of our existing funnels and creating and executing a prioritised list of ‘quick win’ changes you think will boost revenue in the short term, and reach our targets.
• optimally you will find a optimise our tracking/reporting solution that integrates with our existing tool and you coordinate the implementation of this.
• You will build a high converting funnel for our new product to ensure it runs and grows over time, and seamlessly connects to our other funnels.
• You realise that to increase conversion we need to beef up the current offering. You initiate all the steps required to implement the enhancement quickly.
Required experiences and skills
• Equal parts creative and analytical:
• Logical, sharp analytical and Problem-solving skills
• Innovative, positive, and creative thinking;
• Ability to zoom in and out, balance small improvements with strategic initiatives and projects
• Willingness to take on a hands-on role
• Deep knowledge of Google analytics, paid advertising, marketing automation and funnel
• Manage growth using data-driven acquisition strategies.
• Demonstrated experience in managing successful cross-channel digital marketing programs
• 6+ years of proven track record in product/growth marketing for BtoC and BtoB,
Desirable experiences and skills:
• Experience in a fast-growing start-up or scale-up business
• Ability to write engaging content and design skills
Why join NEDonBoard
• Ability to make positive change for planetary good through products and services dedicated to decision-makers that steer the strategic direction of businesses and organisations
• High ethos and purpose-driven organisation
• Young, dynamic, and professional team
• Well-established remote work environment
• One of the first hires within a rapidly growing organisation with a proven product-market fit with global expansion prospects and ambitions.
• High earning potential for a skilled and talented individual through profit-sharing
• Potential to build out the marketing function and become our CMO
• Working closely with the founders, taking part in executive meetings, bringing ideas, contributing to strategic decisions, making a big impact on a small team with the excitement of scaling up existing products and working on newly launched products
NEDonBoard operating values:
Integrity and professionalism.
We deliver our best in what we do. NEDonBoard serves the interests of the community of non-executive directors and board members.
We hold ourselves accountable for results such as the delivery of topical, modern, contemporary, independent, and actionable content for boards, non-executive directors and board members (to the same extent board members are accountable to organisations’ shareholders and other stakeholders).
We are socially and environmentally responsible, promote diversity of thinking and innovation for the sustainable success of organisations we serve through their board members.
We operate an inclusive organisation in which all professionals committed to contributing their knowledge and skills to the boards of organisations and the community of board members are welcome.