UK, UK, United Kingdom
If you have experience working in a professional membership body, events, and developing professional standards, this role could be for you.
Our preferred candidate will also have experience in governance, and may even have personal NED or trustee experience, however this is not essential.
You will need to be comfortable liaising with a variety of stakeholders, including c-suite professionals and board members.
The role requires working closely with team members both in London and remotely, leading on the development of NEDonBoard’s board member product offering, establishing best practice standards, coordinating events and other initiatives with members, corporate partners and suppliers.
· Develop, review and improve NEDonBoard’s product offering to the board community, including the coordination and execution of NEDonBoard’s event and training programmes;
· Develop board member professional standards, consulting with the NEDonBoard membership and wider UK board community;
· Proactively engage with, and develop, the NEDonBoard membership;
· Communicate NEDonBoard key messaging with stakeholders and the wider community;
· Manage administrative support of the role
NEDonBoard has a fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities. Applicants need a professional yet entrepreneurial attitude, and the ability to be both a strategic thinker and ‘doer’.
Our ethos is: our members come first, always.
· At least 5+ years of events, education or membership body experience;
OR 5+ years of governance experience
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to draft meeting minutes, publications and content.
· Positive energy with the ability to work within a team as well as remotely
· Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
· Experience of at least one CRM system and membership management practices
· Proactive attitude, with the ability to be both a strategist and a doer
Benefits: We can also offer a generous holiday allowance, and a flexible working environment.
Please be aware that this role will require occasional out-of-hours work, as well as travel within the UK and possibly abroad.