Ecosystem Support Engineer (bilingual)
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven engineer who can help support and grow a thriving community of developers. This is an opportunity to pave novel ground in crypto, pursuing an uncharted path for smart contract platforms and building a highly secure and decentralized settlement layer for blockchain-based systems.
You will play a critical role in realizing the ambitions of a transformational Layer 1 blockchain, ensuring that the internet remains permissionless, ownerless and for the empowerment of all.
You’ll lower the learning curve for others entering our ecosystem, becoming an expert guide for developers journeying through. You can work with software that is under active development and figure things out so others won't have to. We don't expect someone to know everything, but to start from a strong foundation, take initiative and grow.
Nervos is a public blockchain and smart contract platform. We're a global team with a highly committed community and are working on some of the most exciting challenges at the intersection of distributed systems, protocol design, software engineering while building up our developer and user community.
We are growing fast, and we're looking for people who share the same vision of an open, inclusive and permissionless future to help build the backbone of tomorrow's economic infrastructure.
Our values: Trust, openness, sustainability, permissionless action
Tech Stack: Rust, Typescript, possibly some C, Go and Solidity
What you'll do:
- Take ownership of onboarding experience, ensuring the appropriate resources are available and widely circulated in the developer community
- Proactively identify issues and potential solutions that drive developer adoption, facilitate an ever-improving onboarding experience
- Engage directly with ecosystem projects on technical support on Discord or forums, assist in debugging, showcase best technical practices
- Work alongside community and marketing personnel to grow and nurture the ecosystem
- Travel to conferences, hackathons and other crypto community events to grow and support the ecosystem
- Create and improve technical content: documentation, explainers, examples
- Maintain understanding of technologies across the industry to accurately compare and contrast technology we create with others
Who you are:
- 1-3 years in the crypto industry, 5+ years of engineering/development experience
- Demonstrated experience building or supporting decentralized applications, knowledge of how communities/ecosystems form
- Understanding of blockchain architectures and considerations such as UTXO/Account model, Solidity vs. Move, EVM vs. CosmWASM, Solana vs. Sui/Aptos, basic working knowledge of cryptography
- Comfortable operating in a space of constant evolution, that at times can be uncertain or contradictory
- Highly proficient in Rust and TypeScript, bonus if proficient in C, Go, or Solidity
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, responsive and well-organized
- Open Source experience is a big plus
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, but self-taught developers are welcome to apply
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
What we offer:
- A globally distributed work environment with a high degree of autonomy, agency and flexibility
- Small team of passionate individuals, the opportunity to build something truly novel and game-changing
- Collaborative, fast-paced, self-initiating culture
- Competitive salary
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs