We are looking for an Entrepreneurial Tech Lead. We are an early-stage start-up, so a Tech Lead, you’ll tease out problems, taking a leading role across Product Development, Technical Architecture, and future Team Building.
- Oversee all aspects of the Engineering organisation, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, best practices & technology stacks as well as hiring and retaining talent.
- Manage the end-to-end technology execution.
- Provide hands-on leadership to the team.
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance.
- Work closely with the team, particularly the CEO, to identify risks and opportunities.
- Take charge of platform development, owning the engineering budget and making key decisions on technical architecture.
- Deliver the MVP (prototype) with our subcontractor, enabling us to start serving our early customers.
- Build the engineering function by hiring the right people and embedding a great working culture.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Has previous experience building tools or products, preferably aimed at B2B consumers;
- Has a high degree of user empathy and actively seeks to test, learn and iterate based on user feedback;
- Able to dedicate themselves full-time to the project;
- Startup experience is a plus, as is experience working with distributed teams;
- Is well-connected to the developer community and able to attract the right engineering team post-seed raise.
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains
- Be excited about business building and the idea of helping advance scientific research.
- Be keen to grow our community and represent Neucruit externally
- Be well organised, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple projects concurrently.
- Have worked on a diverse set of full stack technologies including experience with web, mobile, data and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains.
- Strong communication skills – you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Thrive in uncertainty – ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment.
- Knowledge of a range of current cross-platform product development frameworks.
- Appetite for experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity.
- Sector experience in healthcare, management tools and/or that of a related complex area
- Genuinely passionate about disrupting the clinical trial industry and its processes
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Sheer resilience and appreciation for failure
- Relentlessly resourceful and creative problem solving
- Strong risk tolerance
- We value efficiency, not hours spent.
- Growth: Work with and meet exceptional people. Learn faster than you ever have before.
- Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build a business, not just products.