This position is responsible for content creation, optimization, marketing, and strategy for a variety of different brands and purposes. The individual will support and assume efforts to create and maintain an actively engaged community throughout relevant platforms with quality content. The ideal candidate will have a talent for creating and distributing compelling content for diverse communications channels and audiences in various industries.
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. We are mere steps from Coors Field, Union Station, and just blocks from the 16th Street Mall.
NEWMEDIA is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—Riot Labs and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
We strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need energetic and passionate people to join our ranks.
- Perform site optimization to increase conversions and improve user engagement.
- Create reports for clients using web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools).
- Perform keyword research and SEO audits in order to make a content marketing strategy for clients.
- Manage tactical execution of day-to-day SEO strategies (both on-page and off-page).
- Plan and execute unique marketing strategies for client websites using multiple online channels.
- Continuous content creation for month-over-month projects.
- Create copy and content for approval, inputting into design/layout software, etc.
- Revise, edit, and proof copy for internal and client projects.
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote your offers and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers to produce content that meets the needs of the client.
- Repurpose and rewrite content for multiple channels and ensure that messaging and stories are consistent.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and creative counterparts to create a social media plan.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years experience in content or writing at an agency or in-house.
- 2+ years experience in web and digital product copy.
- Proven editorial skills with writing both technical content and promotional copy.
- Demonstrated history of success with all aspects of SEO, internal linking, link curation, universal search, and more!
- Understand how to create and communicate SEO strategy and timelines.
- Experience working with multiple social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
- Ability to jump between clients, accounts, and projects.
- A dual-minded approach: You're highly creative and an excellent creator, but can also be process-driven, and rely on data to make decisions.
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO.
- Past experience producing content for the web as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Experience building audiences either online or offline.
- An understanding of how content, SEO and social media fit together.
- Strong understanding of on-page and off-page SEO.
- Experience in local SEO campaigns such as building citations.
- Collaborative and open working environment.
- Steps away from Coors Field, Union Station, 16th Street Mall
- Company provided snacks to keep you going
- Opportunity to take on and learn this field at every turn!