LOCATION: Remote (Philippine applicants only)
Tired of commuting long hours to and from work everyday? Have you always thought about working remotely but are worried about the loss of social engagement with your coworkers? How about if you can get the best of both worlds? When you join our team, you get to collaborate and enjoy that sense of belonging and community while working from the comfort of your own home.
Take a look at the website to get more information! https://outgive.ca/
WHO WE ARE
We promise you haven't worked with anyone else like us before! We are Outgive Inc, a Toronto-based company that started in 2013 specializing in e-commerce & digital marketing. We’re a global team of 250+ A-players working on various brands and initiatives with specialized skills not limited but including web developers, copywriters, graphic designers, logistics managers, account managers, customer service, SEO experts, video editors, digital marketers, marketplace specialists, ad specialists, etc.
In our never-ending pursuit to continue to achieve synergistic projects in digital marketing and e-commerce, we constantly expand and enlarge our brands to achieve new milestones of success.
These brands include a digital marketing agency, logistic/shipping company, products, and much more. All of our brands have one thing in common and that’s E-COMMERCE.
Our company isn’t just about profits, it’s built around the community. We want you to enjoy doing what you do best, and we give you the autonomy and support to do it in a way that works for everyone—our customers/clients, the company, and you.
Our 4Gs - Grit, Growth, Greatness, and Gratitude - our company values are what drives all of us here to keep growing and learning. We live these 4 core values not just at work, but in our personal lives as well.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with team members to design and develop robust, scalable software solutions
• Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Enjoy writing code for business and/or data layers
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
• Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
• Ensure responsiveness of applications
• Design and develop APIs
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Create and maintain software documentation
• Be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling our sites
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• 6-8 years of relevant experience
• Have had senior dev experience (led a project)
• Project management experience (have organized a team)
• Peer code reviews
• Deep familiarity with JIRA, AWS deployment and the Git workflow
• Proficient in HTML, CSS, and at least one other JS front end framework (React, Angular, or Vue)
• Experience with Rest API design
NOT REQUIRED, BUT WOULD BE A GREAT ASSET TO YOUR APPLICATION:
• Bonus if you have Wordpress development experience
• Bonus if you are in the Manila area, and can come to our future office twice a week
• Bonus if you stay up to date with industry best practices
• Bonus if you are experienced with peer to peer code review practices
• Bonus if you have website testing and QA experience
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday 10am-2pm EST, with the remaining 4 hours of your shift flexible.
WHY WORK WITH US? WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Once you are hired, you will enjoy the following benefits:
Once you pass the 3-month probationary period, you will be entitled to additional benefits:
If you think you are perfect for this role, hit that apply button! Our Talent and Culture team will contact you should you be fit for the role.
Any questions or concerns? Reach out to us to the following platforms:
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/outgive/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/outgive/
Someone from talent & culture team will reach out to you within 24 hours if your application checks off everything we are looking for. From there, we will conduct an initial interview. Once the initial interview is complete, you will proceed to complete 2 skill-related tests. If you pass those tests, you will proceed to our final interview with the Senior Developer and Head of Talent & Culture. Upon successfully being hired, you will receive 1500 php for taking the time to complete our tests.