Penfold is the challenger pension. We’re re-building the pension stack from scratch to drag a multi-trillion pound industry out of the dark ages. Our platform finally delivers a user centric customer experience that helps everyone save for retirement, no matter their working circumstances.
We have over £5.5 million in funding and are backed by some of the world’s most
successful FinTech investors. We started by launching a simple and flexible pension for the self-employed and now have thousands of active customers and are growing at a phenomenal rate.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, process driven people person to join our small customer operations team. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility very quickly, but this is an entry-level role and we care about your abilities and attitude more than your experience.
Here’s some of the stuff you’ll be doing:
- Being the face of Penfold to our customers by answering their questions and reaching out them via e-mail, online chat and sometimes in person, & building a 5-star customer experience
- Helping customers get the most out of Penfold by explaining different features to them, and hand-holding them through different user journeys (like signing up)
- Translate our customers’ needs and problems into suggested product improvements for the rest of the team. If customers keep asking you how much it costs to use Penfold, how can we make our pricing clearer?
- Completing daily operational tasks that require a high level of attention to detail & careful approach; checking new customers details against international sanction lists, or ensuring a high value pension transfer comes through on time.
- Design, document, implement and improve operational processes that help make a great customer experience while reducing the burden on our technical team – for example if we help a user track down an old pension pot, how can we do it more efficiently next time? How can we do this when we have 100 thousand customers? A million?
- Help with a wide range of day to day business needs, pitching in wherever is needed, and generally wearing a lot of exciting hats as a one of Penfold’s first 20 employees
- Enjoy dealing with customers, and have a genuine desire to make them happy
- Be able to communicate in a team with clarity and confidence both verbally and written, with strong skills in Microsoft Office / G-Suite
- Be highly organised with strong attention to detail (You love making lists)
- Be comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work to deadlines and juggle multiple, often changing priorities
- Be able to switch between tasks and stay cool under pressure (or when interrupted by an urgent customer query)
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and eager to learn
- Find the idea of working for an early stage tech startup really exciting
- Care about our mission to keep an entire generation out of poverty in retirement
- Be prepared to work hard!
We’re not looking for unicorns. We’re looking for smart, hardworking & energetic people who get stuff done & we’re really committed to building a diverse team. So if you’re excited about what we’re doing, get in touch – don’t be put off if you don’t tick every box!
We’re working hard to create a working environment where people feel empowered to do their very best work, make a significant impact, end enjoy what they do.
We’re a team of 20 in the next few months and extremely fast growing. As an early employee, you’ll have a huge say in defining our culture and what it’s like to work here. You’ll also have uncapped opportunities for progression, learning and exposure to different areas of the business.
At Penfold, you’ll get:
- A competitive salary. Reviewed regularly to make sure you’re always getting what you deserve.
- Meaningful pre-Series A share options (you’ll own a part of Penfold and share in our success).
- A massive 10% pension contribution that you don’t need to match (on top of your salary).
- 33 days holiday per year (including 8 bank holidays) and the option to take more.
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- The option to buy a bike tax free, and spread the cost over several months (cycle to work scheme).
- Lots of great little benefits to make working at home or at the office a delight.
- Annual company retreat somewhere great & regular (optional) company socials.
Pre COVID we all worked from a private office at Uncommon Borough, a large co-working space full with all the perks and more plants than a garden centre. We’re on the hunt for a similar new office with fully optional attendance this time. It will be a great space for when you want to come to the office. We’ll buy you the kit you need to be comfortable at home too.
We are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.