Large e-commerce company is looking for a talented E-commerce Specialist to lead the e-commerce optimization and maintenance efforts for our consumer product business.
Our company currently operates 5 e-Commerce Brands with over 20,000 SKUs and we are growing quickly. To bring order into this chaos we are looking to hire someone to lead our digital content team, so we can scale fast.
The E-commerce Specialist will be responsible for managing and overseeing all e-commerce projects for PotomacBeads. They will provide marketing direction to ensure all projects are on brand and meet the high standards set by PotomacBeads. The E-commerce Specialist will also be responsible for managing a team of copywriters, product listers and SEO specialists, giving feedback and guidance to help them reach their full potential.
An understanding of digital selling platforms, as well as excellent communication and leadership skills. You will provide engaging, functional, and customer-focused consumer product sales strategy. The team member occupying this seat will accomplish the workload efficiently while maintaining quality, document tested procedures by writing and updating SOPs and participate in the project management practices utilized by the Marketing Department. If you are a talented and ambitious specialist with management experience, we want to hear from you!
Here are a few questions for you to determine if you’d be a good fit for our organization:
- You thrive by checking items off your list?
- You are so organized that you help keep others around you organized?
- You charge ahead through obstacles so you can reach your goals?
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment
- You are tenacious, daring, creative and highly analytical - data is at the heart of everything
- You have high attention to detail and maintain excellent quality standards
- You are excited to collaborate and work with others to grow this brand
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write and edit product content that will be published on e-commerce websites, Amazon and Etsy.
- Set standards, systems, and best practices for new product listings, content creation, distribution, and maintenance.
- Work closely with different teams (operations, graphics) to provide updated content that will be shared across e-commerce platforms.
- Provide support in other areas of Media Marketing, PPC, Email Marketing, SEO, Keyword Research, Google Analytics, Website UX, and Paid Social Media.
- Be a subject matter expert to assigned product categories.
- Identify SEO best practices regarding inventory, pre-orders, and pricing policies.
- Monitor changes in product sales by using web analytics and Excel spreadsheets (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) to stay organized.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a fast-paced, e-commerce business.
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Must be able to work on North American time
- Hands-on experience in managing and maintaining e-commerce websites, Amazon and Etsy.
- Knowledgeable of the e-commerce space that includes marketing strategies, various leading e-commerce website builders (e.g. Shopify, Ultracart), product development, competitive strategies, consumer research, industry trends and usability best practices.
- Knowledge of various platforms and online sales strategies that can be used to conduct digital sales or website conversions.
- Familiarity with web design and a keen eye to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field.
You need to answer yes to all these questions to realistically be a good fit for this position.
This is not the time to fake it until you make it…
We have great expectations for you if you are selected for this position. We want you to succeed. And we want you to succeed at a high level.
About our company:
You'll be working for a company that is professional, who cares about their team members, and who will support you to get the job done.
We also have very high standards. We expect team members to be superstars and push towards the goals. We require team members to prioritize competing demands so that they focus on the most important outcome of any given day.
You will be rewarded for excellent performance because we respect those that go above and beyond. This is not a common trait.
What is common? - Missed deadlines, excuses, poor quality work...those "common" traits will not work in this organization. These commonalities are negatives to any operation and you will find we will push to rectify them fast.
You can find our company website here: www.potomacbeads.com
If you are up to the challenge then we encourage you to apply today.
Meetings: This person attends the Marketing L-10 meetings
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Direct Reports: Copywriters, Listing Specialists, SEO Specialists
Job Type: Permanent Full-time