Shri Ram Universal School, Chennai invites smart, energetic and creative leaders to be a part of the family. We are looking for someone who can initiate, develop and be a part of our quest for excellence in holistic education. To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational leadership in order that every child is able to fulfil their true potential.
The role primarily focuses on:-
- To ensure academic excellence in classes responsible for
- To provide guidance to the teachers reporting to the position in planning, designing and implementing the curriculum.
Principle Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the curriculum is being used correctly and effectively – mentor curriculum transaction.
- To keep a check on whether regular assessments are happening, teaching is happening at the same pace across forms – Ensure consistency with regard to assessment and recording.
- To conduct meetings with forms to discuss issues and monitor progress.
- To ensure monitoring of lessons, correction of assignments, sitting in on classes.
- Report weekly to the Principal.
- To ensure the curriculum caters to individual student needs: enrichment / challenge for gifted, keeps pace with the understanding and comprehension of the average student or those who need more time and attention.
- To mentor new staff – initiate them into school routines and practices.
- To sit through classes for assessment of teachers and to give feedback on their teaching methodology/classroom management etc.
- Along with teams, work on areas of concern across school and come out with strategies, solutions on how to tackle problems, evolve policies for school along with the Heads.
- To check notebooks, diaries, planners of teachers.
- Advise teachers on all parent communications.
- Check report cards prior to PTMs.
- Cross check work plans.
- Monitoring of syllabus completion.
- Monitoring of number of tests and worksheets, and amount of HW given.
- Monitoring of revision done on an ongoing basis and before the exams.
- Ensuring that all academic deadlines are met.
- Coordinating worksheets—(they must be routed through ACCORS, whose signatures are required on the worksheets. Worksheets must be submitted 48 hours before they go in for printing).
- Sitting in on classes and offering feedback to teachers concerned.
- Going through written work of children in the various subjects, from time to time—giving feedback to both teachers and students.
- Discussing the academic progress of students.
- Discussing and formulating strategies, in conjunction with the other teachers, to help children, with academic problems, to meet goals.
- Coordinating holiday homework.
- Ensuring that work plans are ready on time.
- Coordinate correction of entrance test papers.
- Timetable extra classes.
- Coordinate PTMs.
- Be the communication link between teachers and the Principal.
- Disseminate all relevant information to teachers.
- Take rounds of the school on a daily basis.
- Keep in constant touch with Principal, Form Teachers, Class teachers & HOD’s on all relevant front.
Age: 40 to 45 years
Experience: 2 years of experience as Academic Coordinator with experience in Senior / Middle School / Elementary School.
Qualification: B. Ed / N.T.T. + Graduate / Post Graduate in a subject (based on level).
- Excellent communication skills and a pleasing personality
- Outstanding school administration skills and education management.
- Capability to manage people staff teachers and parents
- Decision-making, time management and commitment towards creating productive educational experience